Membership Plug In Crashes Site

When we activate the membership plug in the admin side of WordPress becomes unreachable. The browsers say no data received. Can't seem to figure it out.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @david_snoble,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Membership plugin and found it's working fine not facing the issue you have.

If you are still facing the issue and can't access admin are of your site to deactivate the plugin then you can deactivate it by renaming the membership plugin directory to something else using FTP, you will find plugin directory in the wp-content/plugins directory.

Can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true.

For information on this, checkout this wpmu.org article.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting when you face this issue so that i can troubleshoot it.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• PMMG

I switch the theme to TwentyFourteen and the problem still happened. Here are some lines from the error log: (I masked the IPs)

[Thu Oct 16 11:02:28 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: Class 'M_Tutorial' not found in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php on line 189
    [Thu Oct 16 11:02:07 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: Class 'M_Wizard' not found in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershipadmin.php on line 44
    [Thu Oct 16 11:01:49 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershippremium.php on line 258
    [Thu Oct 16 11:00:41 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'membershipincludes/includes/new-pointer-tutorials.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.tutorial.php on line 54
    [Thu Oct 16 11:00:41 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Warning: require_once(membershipincludes/includes/new-pointer-tutorials.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.tutorial.php on line 54
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:51 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php?error=true&plugin=membershp%2Fmembershippremium.php&_error_nonce=e9ef80f67c
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:51 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php?error=true&plugin=membershp%2Fmembershippremium.php&_error_nonce=e9ef80f67c
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:50 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php?error=true&plugin=membershp%2Fmembershippremium.php&_error_nonce=e9ef80f67c
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:50 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php?error=true&plugin=membershp%2Fmembershippremium.php&_error_nonce=e9ef80f67c
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:46 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php
    [Thu Oct 16 10:48:46 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.pagination.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membershp/membershippremium.php on line 44, referer: http://clients.pmmg.com/cart/wp-admin/plugins.php
    [Thu Oct 16 09:59:02 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'membershipincludes/includes/config.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershippremium.php on line 64
    [Thu Oct 16 09:59:02 2014] [error] [client ##.##.##.###] PHP Warning: require_once(membershipincludes/includes/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pmmg/public_html/clients/cart/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershippremium.php on line 64

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @PMMG,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional information, looks like the issue is mostly caused by the missing files that are required, would you mind sending me the following so I can add those missing files.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.