Membership Plugin

I am having trouble with user registrations.

Firs off a user signed up and came in as inactive. He wasn’t able to log in. I set up a test user and had the same issue.

Next.

I have 3 subscriptions;

Test Drive – A free 1 Day membership giving users full access

Annual Subscription – 1 year with full access

Monthly Subscription – 1 month with full access

The free membership doesn’t work at all. You select it during signup and it says you now have access… but when I test it as a user I cannot access the premium content. The subscription is set up with a level that has no restrictions.

I manually tried assigning a user who signed up (after I had to activate him manually) to the free subscription and it won’t do it. So I thought maybe you can’t have both free and paid subscriptions set up at the same time. Then I tried manually assigning the user to my monthly subscription and it wouldn’t allow him to do that. So at this point, I am not sure it is possible for anyone to gain access to my premium content. I have to get someone to test it with a payment. I can’t do it myself because it’s my own paypal account linked to this!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Firs off a user signed up and came in as inactive. He wasn’t able to log in. I set up a test user and had the same issue.

Yep, if they don’t complete a subscription then they are inactive – there is a setting in the membership options to switch this off.

The subscription is set up with a level that has no restrictions.

Can you give us more details? Screen shot of your members page, subscription and the level details. Can you also check that your levels and subscriptions are all active.

I manually tried assigning a user who signed up (after I had to activate him manually) to the free subscription and it won’t do it.

Sounds like you may not have some tables created here and are having problems because of that.

So I thought maybe you can’t have both free and paid subscriptions set up at the same time.

The single payment gateway for PayPal will handle both free and paid subscriptions in the one system – you don’t need to activate the other paypal gateways if you are using that one – just a tip :slight_smile:

I have to get someone to test it with a payment. I can’t do it myself because it’s my own paypal account linked to this!

You can create a seller and buyer account on the PayPal sandbox, switch the gateway over to using that rather than the live site and then test to your hearts content.

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

The full access subscription is set up as a subscription with nothing added or restricted in terms of permissions. It works for my own user account and I had tested it before with no troubles. I think the core issue here is what you pointed out – that some tables probably aren’t working. So how do I fix that?

As far as the free/paid subscription, I initially tried it without activating the “Free” payment gateway and my free option wasn’t showing up on the signup form.

Here is a link to a zip file with screen shots of the levels and subscriptions. I was able to set the user to the “Full Membership” level, but with no subscription and he was able to access the content.

I never like using the “Test” mode on these things. I am always concerned that it will work fine in test mode, but then a real customer will come along and it won’t work, so I prefer to have someone test it in full functioning mode and I refund them the money.

Should I remove the plugin and reinstall it?

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It works for my own user account and I had tested it before with no troubles.

If your user was the same one you where using to administer the membership levels, then ignore that – the admin users don’t have any levels or rules applied to them regardless of what you set on the interface.

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

OK this gets better. Just had a friend test this by actually paying and when he went to log in he got a message saying that I cancelled his profile. Then sure enough a few minutes later I got this e-mail:

Profile Canceled

I got the same message last night, but I figured it was because I was actually playing around with the users profile. This time I did nothing. Why would this happen?

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

Never mind about the PayPal thing. I called them and realized it was because I had the subscription on “finite” so it charged for one month and then cancelled right away. I tried running the SQL file and still not luck. Interestingly enough in the “News” part it does show the activity (ie me adding the subscription to the member), but it still doesn’t “take”.

By the way, the Levels work. I can assign a level to a user and it stays. Just not the subscriptions

So now I’m really stuck :slight_frown:

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

OK so I thought maybe since yesterday was a Canadian holiday.. But now I feel like I am being ignored. The whole reason I spend $400 to join this site was essentially because someone recommended this membership plugin, as well as the ad sharing one. The site promises support, but my problem goes unresolved.

Help?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya NerdEnterprises,

Apologies for the delay here. We definitely want to see you get this up and running smoothly. It’s gotta be something up with the subscription or gateway settings.

This plugin works to provide a ton of customization, but because of that has several things that must be checked during trouble-shooting. Will you shoot us an email through our contact form here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please include a link to this thread as well as admin login details so we can take a quick look around. I bet we can get it sorted for ya quickly this way. Just include my name (Mason) in the subject.

Thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I tried running the SQL file and still not luck.

Hi

Where did you run the SQL in the end? The instructions in the linked thread where to remove the existing tables and run the script (I think) but if you are up and running already then this probably isn’t an option for you.

Are you live at the moment? Would it be possible to go into phpmyadmin and export the membership tables for us so I can check the structure? The membership tables are those with wp_m_ at the beginning.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Links table? Standard WP one yeah?

CREATE TABLE wp_links (
    link_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    link_url varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    link_name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    link_image varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    link_target varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
    link_description varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    link_visible varchar(20) NOT NULL default 'Y',
    link_owner bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL default '1',
    link_rating int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
    link_updated datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
    link_rel varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    link_notes mediumtext NOT NULL,
    link_rss varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
    PRIMARY KEY (link_id),
    KEY link_visible (link_visible)
    )

• astUtemy
    • New Recruit

I got this:

#1064 – You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘TABLEwp_links` (

link_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,

link_u’ at line 1

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi NerdEnterprises,

Did you copy the SQL exactly as posted? I just tried it out to be sure it should work and didn’t have any trouble getting that added. Could you check that you’ve got that copied correctly and try it again?

Thanks,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.