Membership plugin

Hi,

I’m having a bit of a hard time configuring the Membership plugin, do you have any step-by-step guides or tutorials I could have a look at?

Many thanks,

Michael

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Michael!

As Phil said, if you could let us know a few details, we’ll be more than happy to help you get started! Membership can be a complex beast, but it’s been designed for ease of use and as you’ve no doubt seen, there’s a great instructive guide that comes included in the plugin itself.

Without knowing any specifics of your case though, you could also refer to the following Simple Tutorial Site guide for a very nice tutorial site walkthrough.

Then there’s the much more thorough and equally illustrative Drip Feed Your Content tutorial.

But as Phil said, we’ll be glad to take a look with you on some more specifics.

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Michael, we’ll be happy to assist too! I’ll just mark this particular thread as resolved for now, but if you have further questions, please feel free to start a new thread for each specific question and we’ll take a look with ya! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

David

• michael9999
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi David,

I’ve followed this tutorial (https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-simple-tutorial-site-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/) which was very useful. However I’ve two questions:

– my registration (page with Paypal buttons) only shows up once a visitor has signed up on the site, I’d like it to be visible to ordinary visitors who haven’t signed up.

– is there any way to change the style of the registration part of the page, I’m using the shortcode “[subscriptionform]”?

Many thanks,

Michael

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Michael,

– my registration (page with Paypal buttons) only shows up once a visitor has signed up on the site, I’d like it to be visible to ordinary visitors who haven’t signed up.

This would require a bit of custom work as it stands (something to perhaps consider posting at the job board), though Membership provides an array of filters you can tie into to make the job simpler if you’re comfortable with coding.

– is there any way to change the style of the registration part of the page, I’m using the shortcode “[subscriptionform]”?

If by changing the style of the registration form you mean the CSS, you should be able to do just that using #reg-form. As an example, you could include the following in your theme’s stylesheet to give the input text boxes some rounded corners.

#reg-form input
    {
    -moz-border-radius: 15px;
    border-radius: 15px;
    }

Cheers,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Michael,

I’d have to say the best way to get started with that would be to take a look at the following from wp.org:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API

And given that understanding, you could take a look at the Membership plugin code for the various filters and actions provided therein. It’s actually quite easy using a powerful free editor like Notepad++ to do a search of all the plugin files for the terms ‘filter’ or ‘action’.

Cheers,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.