Membership plugin 2.0 + associated user roles

HI,
I like the new user roles feature on the Membership plugin, thanks. However I am unable to save them.
When I click a role and then save it defaults to "no associated role"

Thanks.

• Atlanta

Hi there, still have a hard time getting the Membership plugin to work.
    Here is where I am so far.
    Membership 2.0 is installed. Super Admin activated, not Network activated.
    I was instructed to disable blog creation to use the Membership plugin. Done.
    Levels, Subscriptions are set and activated, made public.

I ran a payment for $35 in Sandbox mode. PayPal sandbox shows the recurring payment as set up See image 24
    1) After the user pays the screen returns to domain.com and does not tell the user to check email for further instructions. This creates confusion. How do I create a screen message that tells the user to check email for further instructions? See image 18.
    2) The user should now have access to create a new Marketpress store (since blog creation was a positive rule in levels) but the user's dashboard only gives him the ability to edit his profile. I am using the New blog template so I was expecting the subscription to create this new blog. See image 19
    3) I set up and activated a new subscription message from Membership> Communication. The user never received it.
    4) In Membership>News the news feed shows the new subscription 3 times (although I only inputted once) but the Membership subscriptions does not register the subscription. See images 16 and 17
    5) In the page that was supposed to be set up with shortcode [renewform] it says you have no subscriptions even though PayPal registered the subscription. See image 23, 24.

If you give me an email account I can provide Super Admin access if this helps... thanks.

• Barry

Super Admin activated

What version of WP are you using? You may need to upgrade to 3.1 or 3.1.1.

After the user pays the screen returns to domain.com and does not tell the user to check email for further instructions.

No emails are sent by the plugin, so there aren't any emails with further instructions for them to read - unless you have created a signup email message using the communications system.

How do I create a screen message that tells the user to check email for further instructions?

You could use the popover plugin to check for a referrer from paypal and pop up a message with the details.

The user should now have access to create a new Marketpress store (since blog creation was a positive rule in levels) but the user's dashboard only gives him the ability to edit his profile.

Version 2.0 changes some things, this means that you can have user and blog creation enabled in the back end of WP (2.0 overrides the links to the register page to try to direct people straight to the membership one instead of the standard WP one - which was the problem in earlier versions).

I set up and activated a new subscription message from Membership> Communication. The user never received it.

Did you then signup a user? The messages aren't sent straight away, the go based on a members transition through their subscriptions.

In Membership>News the news feed shows the new subscription 3 times (although I only inputted once) but the Membership subscriptions does not register the subscription.

Can you check the paypal IPN information sent? You'll have to login to paypal (sandbox if you are using it) and see the historic ipn details. How many times did the IPN get sent - sometimes the sandbox goes mad, when I was testing I had it send 5 notifications once or twice.

• Barry

In the page that was supposed to be set up with shortcode [renewform] it says you have no subscriptions even though PayPal registered the subscription.

Is the subscription showing in the admin area - members page?

I think you may have a table creation issue which could be causing a few problems behind the scenes - this bit included. The plugin should have auto-updated itself when you first went into the admin area, but it may have gone a bit wonky.

• Atlanta

Might be a table creation issue - can you check your database? Look for a table called wp_m_subscriptionmeta - if it isn't there then shout and we'll stick up some create table sql.
    >>>>>>>>There was no wp_m_subscriptionmeta.

What version of WP are you using? You may need to upgrade to 3.1 or 3.1.1.
    >>>>>>I have Wordpress MultiSite 3.1.1 and Multi DB. All plugins are up to date in admin panel.<<<<<<<<<<<<

I set up and activated a new subscription message from Membership> Communication. The user never received it.
    Did you then signup a user? The messages aren't sent straight away, the go based on a members transition through their subscriptions.
    <<<<<Yes, the user signed up and completed the transaction through PayPal Sandbox mode<<<<<<<

Can you check the paypal IPN information sent? You'll have to login to paypal (sandbox if you are using it) and see the historic ipn details. How many times did the IPN get sent - sometimes the sandbox goes mad, when I was testing I had it send 5 notifications once or twice.
    <<<<<<I assume this means the IPN simulator in Sandbox mode? I didn't have it set up. I can set it up and run another transaction. What URL do I enter (domainname.com/XXXXX) and what transaction type (Express checkout?) see image 26

Checking out popover plugin now.. thx for suggestion.

• Barry

I have Wordpress MultiSite 3.1.1 and Multi DB. All plugins are up to date in admin panel.

Okey dokey - sorry I'm just used to people using Network Admin instead of Super Admin now - reflex thing :slight_smile:

There was no wp_m_subscriptionmeta

Can you confirm the table naming structure you are using and I'll upload some SQL for you to create the tables. e.g. is there a wp_m_subscriptions table? or do they start with something other than wp_?

I assume this means the IPN simulator in Sandbox mode?

No, if you login to the paypal sandbox as your sandbox seller account, you should be able to go to Profile -> IPN (I think) and in there is a link to History which will show the IPN notifications sent out.

Membership automatically sends the ipn return information so paypal will send the response even if you haven't enabled it in the account - but the history information is hidden within PayPal.

• Atlanta

No, if you login to the paypal sandbox as your sandbox seller account, you should be able to go to Profile -> IPN (I think) and in there is a link to History which will show the IPN notifications sent out.
    Membership automatically sends the ipn return information so paypal will send the response even if you haven't enabled it in the account - but the history information is hidden within PayPal.
    >>>>>>Hi,
    Looked everywhere (not just Profile) in seller sandbox test website and I don't see IPN>>>>>>

Can you confirm the table naming structure you are using and I'll upload some SQL for you to create the tables. e.g. is there a wp_m_subscriptions table? or do they start with something other than wp_?
    >>>>>>>There is a wp_m_subscriptions in phpmyadmin<<<<<<

P.S- These are my error logs... I deleted user activity plugin last week but it still shows up
    /wp-admin/error_log:
    [15-Apr-2011 15:33:18] WordPress database error Table 'bizzable_wrd2.wp_reports_user_activity' doesn't exist for query INSERT INTO wp_reports_user_activity (user_ID, location, date_time) VALUES ( '1', 'stiitch.net/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membershiplevels&action=edit&level_id=2', '2011-04-15 15:33:18' ) made by include, do_action, call_user_func_array, Activity_Reports->user_activity
    [15-Apr-2011 15:33:54] WordPress database error Table 'bizzable_wrd2.wp_reports_user_activity' doesn't exist for query INSERT INTO wp_reports_user_activity (user_ID, location, date_time) VALUES ( '1', 'stiitch.net/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membershipsubs', '2011-04-15 15:33:54' ) made by include, do_action, call_user_func_array, Activity_Reports->user_activity
    [15-Apr-2011 15:34:24] WordPress database error Table 'bizzable_wrd2.wp_reports_user_activity' doesn't exist for query INSERT INTO wp_reports_user_activity (user_ID, location, date_time) VALUES ( '1', 'stiitch.net/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membershipcommunication', '2011-04-15 15:34:24' ) made by include, do_action, call_user_func_array, Activity_Reports->user_activity

• Atlanta

The user should now have access to create a new Marketpress store (since blog creation was a positive rule in levels) but the user's dashboard only gives him the ability to edit his profile.
    Version 2.0 changes some things, this means that you can have user and blog creation enabled in the back end of WP (2.0 overrides the links to the register page to try to direct people straight to the membership one instead of the standard WP one - which was the problem in earlier versions).

I am using Version 2.0 and a new user does not create a sub site but rather is given the associated role access to the Main Site. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.