Membership Plugin - Series of Questions

General Questions
*How much does the membership plugin cost for one year with updates and support? *We will be installing this for a client, and your FAQ states that each client will require their own membership, so we need to know how much they will be charged.
*With the membership plugin can items be purchased as single items / pages?
*Can we import csv files so we can use the existing member usernames and passwords?
*We would like to use eWay payment gateway (Ausralian payment gateway). Is there a way we can connect the software with eWay?
*We already have an account there and it would make things easier for us.
*We see “Paypal Express” listed. Do you have details about that service?
*How will the plugin features work in a mobile environment? We use Wootheme’s Canvas Theme (http://www.woothemes.com/2012/06/canvas/) that uses responsive design.
*How will the plugin integration work in that environment on smart phones, phones and tablets? Our client needs specific details about how the site will look in a mobile environment.

Locked content (premium content)
*Is it possible to have a visual queue (ie a lock icon) for premium content? Can this be implemented automatically for new locked content?
*Can we have a preview capability in our free area for locked items which prompts the user to subscribe as a member or buy the item?
*Can we decide about each item whether it's:
- Free,
- For members only - decide level of membership
- Available as a single purchase (apart from a membership)
If yes, will the user have continued access to the single item purchase? Can we limit number of accesses for one item?

• Mark Wallace

Wow you really do have a lot of questions here! I do not have all the answers, i am just a member, so will answer what i know!

*How much does the membership plugin cost for one year with updates and support? *We will be installing this for a client, and your FAQ states that each client will require their own membership, so we need to know how much they will be charged.

I am not sure how it works with a single plugin, but if you have a full membership you can install any plugin on as many sites as you like, then WPMU Dev dashboard can only be active on so many sites at one time, but they are very flexible on that. They are not try to limited paid members, but trying to avoid people downloading their plugins and then canceling their membership.

One member i know of has 70 clients and manages just fine. I have about 20 personal websites and 3 client sites and have no troubles.

So say you get the elite membership for about $35 a month, and charge 2 clients $20 per month for updates and support, then your membership is paid for!

You can also post for jobs on the jobs board. So really a full membership is the way to go!

*With the membership plugin can items be purchased as single items / pages?

Customizable levels allow you to provide some or all of your members with access to any combination of downloads, categories, pages, posts, comments, online content, videos, forums, support or anything at all you can build with WordPress.

*Can we import csv files so we can use the existing member usernames and passwords?

I am not sure about this one!

*We would like to use eWay payment gateway (Ausralian payment gateway). Is there a way we can connect the software with eWay?
    *We already have an account there and it would make things easier for us.
    *We see “Paypal Express” listed. Do you have details about that service?

I am not sure if eWay is supported as of yet, last i recall NO!, but i think there was a new release last week! There have been so many updates and releases the past few weeks it is hard to remember! Adding gateways is easy – and WPMU DEV will be adding plenty more. Here are the current gateways included with Membership:
    Authorize.NET AIM
    2Checkout
    PayPal Express
    More coming soon

PayPal i do use that, and recommend it as well.

*How will the plugin integration work in that environment on smart phones, phones and tablets? Our client needs specific details about how the site will look in a mobile environment.

This will be more about the theme you use, you stated the woothemes i believe. So you may want to check with them.

*Is it possible to have a visual queue (ie a lock icon) for premium content? Can this be implemented automatically for new locked content?

Not sure what you mean by "Icon"

*Can we have a preview capability in our free area for locked items which prompts the user to subscribe as a member or buy the item?

Convert more visitors to paying members by offing a free trial of your membership and then turning it into a paid subscription after X days.
    Choose to give access to all your content immediately or “drip” it out over the length of the membership.

I believe everything you want to do can be done with WPMU Dev products, but i do not know if the membership plugin alone does all of this. Here is a link to the membeship plugin page. Be sure to read the details and usage tabs, in the usage tab page you will see a user manul download option, it is a pdf i believe. Give it a look over too!
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Enjoy!

• nistregistration

Thanks for the help.

It would be awesome if someone at WPMU can verify the following:

Mobile environment & responsive design
    How the Membership plugin behaves in a mobile environment? Will the content coexist within the framework of the Wordpress theme?

Pricing
    Please answer the question regarding the pricing. Is it possible to purchase the plugin for 19 USD and then continue to pay 19 USD per month for support with the that plugin only.

Import CSV
    Can we import existing member user names?

eWay Integration
    Can we set up the plugin to work with eWay?

Visual cue for locked content
    Can there automatically be a visual cue added for premium content? For example a "lock" symbol?

Preview Premium content
    We would like to know if there is a “preview premium content” capability?

Thank you for the help.

• aecnu

Greetings nistregistration,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for these great questions and a significant items to bring up.

Mobile environment & responsive design
    How the Membership plugin behaves in a mobile environment?

Not relative to the plugin but the chosen theme.

Will the content coexist within the framework of the Wordpress theme?

It depends on the theme i.e. Salutations - nothing seems to work well within this theme and I do mean nothing.

Pricing
    Please answer the question regarding the pricing. Is it possible to purchase the plugin for 19 USD and then continue to pay 19 USD per month for support with the that plugin only.

Yes

Import CSV
    Can we import existing member user names?

What you can import into WordPress you can import into Membership.

eWay Integration
    Can we set up the plugin to work with eWay?

It currently does not have eWay integrated within but anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

Visual cue for locked content
    Can there automatically be a visual cue added for premium content? For example a "lock" symbol?

Yes

Preview Premium content
    We would like to know if there is a “preview premium content” capability?

Yes using short code levels or just creating a preview itself.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.