membership plugin

Can I somehow make the membership a one time payment and not have to set the days from 1 to 365 for renewal?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for the great question.

Sure you can do this by simply being logged into the admin dashboard and going to Membership --> Subscription Plans --> and choose the subscription plan and then go to period and make the applicable change. Screen shot below.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for this significant question.

Oh no, indefinite has nothing to do with the pay period, it is directly related to subscription level renewal.

With the indefinite setting when it is time for renewal they are locked into that level, they cannot upgrade they cannot downgrade - they will simply renew at the same level.

To make it so they do not have to pay again you would want to set the renewal period to something like 50 years.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Cheers, Joe

• hoppes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you for the clarification. I have another question about this same plugin.

After the user selects there membership level and pays at PayPal how do they receive their username and password in order to log in?

Am I missing where I need to add registration fields?

I also have gravity forms so would I build that in? With maybe a page they are redirected to after payment to fill out a simple registration form?

Just want to be sure before i go through all that, that it wasn't built into this membership plugin already.

Thanks for the assistance.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for the additional thoughts and the registration form where they pick the user name and password is already integrated within the plugin.

See screen shot below.

Also custom pages can be added using the following directives to override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for the screen shot and this is one step further when going through the registration process then the screen shot I provided.

Does the non pop up registration form show this way?

What is the URL so that I may visit and see what is happening there?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• hoppes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have to apologize for my apparent brain fart... I just realized that I was logged in when trying to test that form... so obviously it would it assume I already have an account.

Logged out and the pop up window works correctly.

My apologies for your time. Thanks for the support.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.