membership plugin

HI,

Is there a way to use facebook connect with membership plugin?

many thanks,

Amir.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Amir,

Thank you for the great question.

Unfortunately the Membership plugin and the Ultimate Facebook plugin (the facebook connect part) are not designed to work together at this time as Membership requires full control of the registration process.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• amirrainer
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I realized that now membership and FBconnect are compatible and it even adds “register with facebook” automatically on membership signup page.

one problem is when i click on “register with facebook” button, nothing happens. it starts to load and then stops and nothing happens.

so, it there a way to solve this?

many thanks,

Amir.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Amir,

Thank you for your continued efforts to work with this trying to get this to work.

Can you please post the link to the registration page so I can see this for myself?

Here is the link to my production servers Membership registration page and the Ultimate Facebook plugin is indeed activated on this install but I see nothing to do with Facebook:

http://membership.aecnuwpmu.us/register/

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Amir,

I totally agree with your findings but warn you that the nightmare is coming as it has here on WPMU DEV where clients register not using the Facebook log in and then try to log in using the Facebook log in and then the fun begins – especially if they create an account again.

Just a forewarning and don’t say I did not try to warn you :wink:

By the way, thank you for straightening this whipped support staff members brain out earlier in this ticket regarding compatibility.

Cheers, Joe

Is “Allow users to register with Facebook” option is also activated in your ultimate facebook plugin?

Sure it is and the option to force it as well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.