Membership Plugin

I have a couple questions.

I seem to have a bug in the profile page. I am not sure if it is related to this plugin. The user first name and last name fields do not seem to "keep" entered values. They save and I can display them but the fields are empty. Then if I am to update anything else on the profile and save it will erase the values since there is nothing in the field.

I did try to deactivate all plugins and go back to the 2011 theme and the issue was still there.

I am just not sure if the plugin alterd the database somehow and the fields arent lining up...

Thanks for any help.

• hoppes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sure can.

As you can see in the image all the other fields will save the value and the value of the field remains... however the fields for first_name and last_name will stay blank. I can still call those values from the database so it seems that they are saved...

But if i ever save the profile page without entering in the value they get erased since it thinks I am saving a blank field.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for your additional input and for the screen shot which I must admit I totally expected something else - anything but the basic regular profile page ... lol

I have gone ahead and tried to replicate this phenomenon and cannot.

The first thing to do is while logged into the admin dashboard go to --> Membership --> Options --> Advanced and click on Repair Membership Tables then once it completes then click on Verify Membership Tables.

If all reports well then please test and let me know if it now keeps those settings.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• hoppes
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Joe,
    Seems like I am keeping you buys :slight_smile:

That didnt seem to do the trick. I will do some testing with my code in my functions file and see if I may have messed it up from that end of things....

Thanks for the help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings hoppes,

Thank you for letting me know and I look forward to hearing from you regarding your results.

Though I have marked this ticket as resolved as a house keeping measure, if/when you are ready to add to this thread for whatever topic related reason, please feel free to check mark it below as not resolved and be sure to post any information that may help to resolve the situation to include errors or symptoms you may be experiencing.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.