Membership Plugin

Hello, I'm a new dev member on here and I'm very interested in your plugin here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

I have a need to be able to allow users to sign up for free memberships purely for marketing purposes, so they can then have access to restricted content on the website with their login etc.

As part of the registration process, I need to be able to capture the following information:

First name
Last name
Email Address
Date of birth

Is it possible for me to capture the extra field in addition to the email address and password? And if so, will these details form part of their user account, so if I'm using a WooCommerce shopping cart, and one of the existing members purchases something, their details that have already been entered previously as part of their membership, are pre-filled into the shopping car fields, such as:

First Name
Last Name
Email Address
State/Territory

Etc.

Look forward to your reply and any advice you can offer.

Thanks for a great product suite too!

• Brian Purkiss

If you are only going to have free membership to allow access to certain content, I actually wouldn't recommend using the Membership plugin. As the old saying, less is more, the Membership plugin would add a large amount of features that you wouldn't need – unless you were going to have paid levels or multiple levels. If that's the case, ignore what I'm about to say.

I would recommend using Marketpress to capture all of your desired info and then for the content that is only available to members, have it on pages that are only accessible to members. You can do this with Conditional Tags if you're a code monkey, or by setting the post/page's visibility to "private." See the attached image for how to do that.

By approaching it this way you'll have much less setup and maintenance work.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.