Membership plugin and Authorize.net

We're running into issues on the site, with users not wanting to use Paypal to checkout. If we activate Authorize.net, will the user stay on the site throughout the whole process?

Second question... our client has Payflow Pro active on their Paypal account, yet when the Paypal payment gateway is activated, the user still needs to go to the Paypal site and create an account to activate recurring billing. Is there currently, or will there be in the near future, an option for seamless on-site integration using Paypal's Payflow Pro for the recurring billing option?

• aecnu

Greetings lewismedia,

Thank you for the great questions as always.

If we activate Authorize.net, will the user stay on the site throughout the whole process?

Yes.

Is there currently, or will there be in the near future, an option for seamless on-site integration using Paypal's Payflow Pro for the recurring billing option?

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• lewismedia

Joe,

After reviewing the post referenced by Jim here, I am obviously very worried as a result. We are dealing with a very touchy client right now--if we move away from Paypal, and install Authorize.net as the primary option, it needs to support the automated recurring billing option. If it does not, there's going to be a pile of mud on my face and a very angry client on my hands.

Joe, I need to confirm--does the membership plugin support Authorize.net & ARB, or no? If not, I'm going to need to code a Payflow Pro integration from scratch, which of course I would provide to your developers as a starting point for a future version enhancement.

But I need to know 100% for sure: does the plugin support Authorize.net with ARB, or not?

• aecnu

Greetings lewismedia,

Thank you for the great question and this is indeed a subject we have not spoken about in the past you and I.

In any event, unfortunately it does not support ARB to the best of my knowledge, however, when it comes time for renewal then they (the end user) will have to re-enter their card details.

Cole is indeed the lead developer of the Authorize.net gateway functions and if he says it is not incorporated then it is not and as you know he said:

Serial subscriptions don't currently work with authorize.net just yet. I'm in the process of developing the gateway to include ARB (Automatic Recurring Billing) from authorize.net.

I have also checked the change logs to see what has happened since your last update which indicates 3.4.2 all the way to current and it appears no mention of this at all.

However, to also possibly save you some coding time you may want to pop over to here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-344-beta

Where the new features are being incorporated and hustle then to add it for us.

Sorry lewismedia that this is the best I can do regarding this issue and the fact that I am not a coder to be able to code it myself.

Sincerely, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.