Membership plugin and Blog setup

Hello,

I searched the forum but found “oldie post’s”, and i don’t now if they are correct now.

I’m building a WordPress MU + Buddypress community.

I’m using Membership plugin

The registration in the community will be only available for paid members

I want to setup the blog creation only for paying member

How can i simultaneously provide a community and blog registration based in the username chosen?

In the registration process is possible that the member fill up the Buddypress profile form?

Thank you

Vítor Maia

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Vítor Maia,

Thank you for the great questions.

In the registration process is possible that the member fill up the Buddypress profile form?

Though it falls into the realm of custom coding which is not within the scope of the support that we provide here, it can certainly be done and here is a bit of info that should help you create those custom forms and pages.

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

Usage:

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

How can i simultaneously provide a community and blog registration based in the username chosen?

Now this is a really tough one and during blog creation as it stands, I believe they can choose the user name they desire and unless you restrict them they can create more then one.

Have you read the Membership user manual by any chance?

it has some really good information within and clarification of many of the functions as well.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.