Membership plugin and facebook plugin

Hi Guys,

I am trying building a paid subscription site where members get access to my videos.

To prevent password sharing I want to force people to create accounts and sing in using Facebook Connect.

I have the Ultimate Facebook plugin activated and have selected the following in the plugin:

"Allow users to register with Facebook"

"Force users to register with Facebook"

and "Require Facebook account"

I am also using the membership plugin and the page that new subscribers are given to register is:

http://new.ulti.tv/register-3

When I hit the sign up button I am presented with a registration form... I just want to show the "log in with facebook" button only...

I would have thought selecting the options in the Ultimate Facebook plugin would have achieved this.

Is there any way to do this?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @aircooled76

I hope you are well today and thank you for the great question.

Membership uses it's own registration process, so I'm afraid at the moment, ultimate facebook can't take control over the membership signup process.

Saying this though, I will ask the developer for some confirmation on this.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• aircooled76
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for your reply... I am also having trouble with the PayPal connection...

I want to sell a one off access to my content (ie not a reoccurring subscription but a single fee for ongoing access.)

I have set the subscription settings to "indefinite" but when I go to pay for a subscription I get a error from paypal

"Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription."

Any hints there... would I be better off using another plugin? (eg pay per view?)

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @aircooled76

I hope you are well today and I'm glad to see the PayPal problem was resolved :slight_smile: That is correct if your doing it for 365 days or more you would change that to 12 months if over that you would normally use years.

There is an Indefinite level, here what it says indefinite - user remains at this level for ever.
    However, I still believe that while a user may stay at level, the access to the content may expire, do you have a sandbox paypal account you can test this with?

It doesn't look like Pay Per View will suit your use case, as that works on either per content per day, a daily pass or a recurring subscription.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.