Membership plugin and invalid subscriptions

Hi

I was just wondering how the membership plugin handles when a member cancels thier subscription or if a payment bounces?

The user will still be logged into the site but only have “visitor” access I assume but how do they go about reapplying a subscription?

My site has a 30day free trial applied to it so will I need to make another subscription plan without the free trial? How do I go about setting it so that a member can not create an account and use it for 30 days and then when the free tiral is up they re apply the subscription and get 30 days free again?

Kind regards

Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today. If the payment doesn’t go through, their access will expire, so in effect they will go down to visitor level.

With regards to their subscription, they shouldn’t be able to get another 30 days free trial, what is your default subscription set as? Which payment gateway are using?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• mark_bonito
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Jack

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Paypal Express as my payment gateway. And where do I set a default subscription?

My members are faced with two subscriptions both give a 30 day free trial. Firstly a 30 day payment plan and the second subscription is a 365 day payment plan.

Should I create a subscription without the 30 days free? and set this as default?

Also not sure if you got anywhere with my post about the upgrade page?

Kind regards

Mark

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi Mark,

I hope you are well today.

The default subscription is something use in registration, if you go to membership > options and on that page your see a section called “user registration” make sure that part is set to none as your offering a paid subscription model.

I’ve been taking a look, now it does indeed appear that if they use a different email address then it would be possible for them to get another free trial as they could sign up a new user, I’m not 100% on a way around this, as it’s a very similar situation for most membership style sites, Hoepfully not too many people would do that, one thing that might be worth doing , is actually having a limited free level and offer no trial on the paid ones, this way, if they never pay they can’t access all content.

Also not sure if you got anywhere with my post about the upgrade page?

Very sorry if I missed a post, I have checked your profile but can’t seem to find it, could you give me a link please?

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Mark,

I hope you are well today.

Thanks :slight_smile: It is quite hectic, I see the post was originally responded to by a colleague, which is why I couldn’t find one relating to me personally :slight_smile:

I’ll respond to that now for you.

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.