Membership Plugin and updating CSS via FTP

Hi,

We recently installed and activated Membership Premium on our site. We then tried to update some CSS files via FTP. The changes did not take, and when we looked at the CSS via WordPress the changes were not listed there.

Would the Membership Premium plugin cause this? If so, what can we do to allow us to change the WordPress files via FTP?

Thanks!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

I doubt the membership plugin did this.

Did you recently enable a caching plugin? If so, you will need to empty the caches between updates for them to take effect.

Are you sure the CSS file is being loaded? View your website’s source and do a find for “.css” and make sure your CSS file is actually listed.

Also open up Chrome Inspector or Firebug and inspect the element you’re trying to change with CSS. Possibly your CSS is being overridden by a different style.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.