Membership plugin basic questions

HI Two questions.

A) How MEMBERSHIP -> COMMUNICATION works ? Where i can set up CRON settings ? Or how is email send to customer once his subscriptions is close to end ?
B) Is there any option how to export all customers with their subscription details ? all similiar plugins have options to export data into csv ...

Thank you

• Joanna

Hiya Peter,

A) you don't need to set up cron settings separately, its part of the 'Add New communications' option from the WP Admin dashboard for Membership.

You can tell the Membership system to send the email 7 days before subscription plan expires. And the number of days can be decided by you from the drop-down list options.

Have you got a copy of of the membership documentation from the Usage page?

B) To export the user's subscription details, I export direct from the database.

Hope this helps. I'm sure a WPDEV support person will be in touch and give you better advice. :slight_smile:

Joanna

• peter_illias

HI Joanna , thank you feedback

A) hmm... "You can tell the Membership system to send the email 7 days"
    but you cant do it without cron ! PHP itself has no such a functionality to send message automaticaly per email to customer.....

B) do you think i can ask my customer: "hey guys , use PHPMYADMIN to generate daily statistics,,," ... i dont think so :slight_frown: that should be standard functionality of plugin...export data to csv ....

• Kimberly

Great Answers @Joanna!

but you cant do it without cron

Your site has a built in cron that functions at minimum daily with traffic. If you want to control this on a more granular level you can download a plugin from the repository on wp.org to do so.

do you think i can ask my customer: "hey guys , use PHPMYADMIN to generate daily statistics,,," ... i dont think so :slight_frown: that should be standard functionality of plugin...export data to csv ....

I'm not understanding your concern here...The Dashboard contains a statistics Widget once the plugin is installed and gives you all the parameters of the Memberships and members. If you need more itemized you will not get it from a csv, you could look into our Member Activity Plugin :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• peter_illias

HI Kimberly

A) "The Dashboard contains a statistics Widget once the plugin is installed and gives you all the parameters of the Memberships and members."
    - yes, but there are just basic charts... no export button. I need simple button to export all subscribers into CSV

could you please provide link for Member Activity Plugin ? But i dont think that plugin will have mentioned functionality....

B) "Your site has a built in cron that functions at minimum daily with traffic"
    - so you are telling me , once i create new item in COMUNICATIONS - > for example EXPIRATION message , will set it 3 days before expiration. Then email will be send automaticaly to customer ?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.