Membership plugin causing redirect issues??

I am having problems with my site. When i enable the membership plugin, my site front page gets an error. My hosting company narrowed it down to the membership plugin. I disabled it and now the front page works. I really need this plugin. Can you tell me why this would be happening? Thanks!

• smtotman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have had it disabled so that I can see my site. Ok now when I re-enable it, it is going to the site, but still lagging while it loads and I encountered an error the other day when registering for the Stripe payment processing. They said it had too many redirects. That is the gist of the message. Error — Too many redirects. Reload this page later. I can’t replcate it right now, but because it’s still taking way too long to load I assume the problem is still there.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

So are you protecting something on the main page?

If you’re getting some redirect loops then it sounds like the main page is redirecting to another page which the user also doesn’t have access to and thus is trying to redirect them again and again.

Please check your levels and ensure the appropriate access is given where needed, especially to the protected page because if they can’t get access to that they will keep getting redirected.

Thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.