Membership plugin control area has disapeared.

I set up a multisite install that was having problems with propagation of the dns. Part of the install involved changing the htaccess file and wp-config file.

While waiting I went ahead and setup and configured the Membership Plugin (mostly) and bbpress with 2 forums.

The main goal of all this is to have one group with access to one forum while a second group has access to both of the forums.

Problem: It seemed at this point that I did not need the multisite install to reach my goal so I went into the htaccess file and replaced the modified code with this code from another of my sites.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

This successfully removed the multisite and left my original site. The problem is that now the membership area is no longer in the admin dashboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin but cannot seem to bring the control area back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Alan McDonald

I hope you are well today, I believe it may have removed your access rights on the level, try adding this in your wp-config.php above the line reading that's all stop editing happy blogging.

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_MASTER_ADMIN', 'admin');

The lowercase admin is your current username so replace that with your username :slight_smile:

If this doesn't work the whole plugin including all database tables related to the plugin might need to be removed.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Alan McDonald
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

OK. giving up on this one. I have removed all of the files related to any of my plugins and believe the site is back to a clean install with the theme added. Now I will just redo what I was working on yesterday but without the multisite interference.

Alan

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Alan (@Alan McDonald)

I hope you are well today, sorry to hear it didn't work out, did you check if the tables where still in the database?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance, I'm happy to help :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.