membership plugin deactivate subscription plans

Hi there

We are using the membership plugin on this website. The website owners have now mentioned that the way they want the membership payments needs to be handled differently (as it is manually done at the moment).

Basically, they currently bill the member for a full years membership, but once it come to 31st December, every member is renewed. For the people who have paid a full years membership, but have not yet had a full year, they are also renewed, but their renewal payment is the amount minus the outstanding amount from their first year.

So for example, if i become a member today i pay for a full year, but on the 31st of December i get a renewal invoice. This invoice is not a full year amount as they take into the remaining amount from the first year.

I have come up with the idea of creating multiple subscription plans, one for each month, and each plan will take into account the persons renewal amount. For each month a certain plan will be shown on the website therefore the person will pick up the correct renewal amount.

The question i have is, if i have 12 subscription plans, only one will ever be published on the website (depending on which month it is). If someone joins on a subscription plan one month, but it is deactivated on the next month, will they still receive a renewal invoice, or does the plan have to be active all the time?

I would be grateful for your thoughts on this.

Many thanks
J

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Justin

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You don't need to deactivate. If you deactivate there would be issue. Rather, you make those private. private subscriptions won't be shown in the registration page. So you can keep active but private.

Cheers
    Ash

• Justin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @Ash

Im keeping well, hope you are too.

Sounds like that will work perfectly!

Although, is there a way i can add code to state which membership products should be public/private and when? So for example set product 1 as 'public' for january, then in february, set product 2 as public and product 1 as private? Do you know what i mean?

Thanks again
    Justin

• Justin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ash

We had some development done where a cron job runs a script which decides which membership subscription id to mark as public or private. Just testing it now but it looks like it does the job.

Thanks for your help.

J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.