Membership Plugin - do not create user if no payment

Hi there,

I've purchased the membership plug in and it seems to be working fine,but I have noticed that going through the payment process - if a user goes to paypal and then cancels the transaction his user account is still registered (he is not assigned to a plan but is still a registered member). Can this behaviour be changed so that a failed / cancelled payment does not create a wordpress user?

Thanks

Tony

• Patrick

Hi there @tony_ryan

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Unfortunately, no, that cannot be done as a user account must be created on your WordPress install before the Membership plugin can assign a subscription to it.

However, you can create a severely restricted access level and put that in a subscription that you set as your default subscription. That way at least, users who do not complete the payment process wouldn't have any additional content access.

You could also add to that a plugin that checks the last login and enables you to see, and filter, the least active users. You can then delete those users after a period of inactivity; when is up to you. Here's a simple one that could help you there:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-last-login/

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.