Membership Plugin Doesn't work with Marketpress

Hello, I installed the membership plugin first but Marketpress wouldn't install as a result. I uninstalled the membership plugin, installed the Marketpress plugin and it worked. However, when I tried to install the membership mod afterwards, it (Membership) failed. Please advise...

Michael

• MBonner
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

actually, I'm noticing that a number of plugins won't install or just aren't compatible with one another. The Q&A plugin wouldn't install with Memberships but it will install with MarketPress but a few plugins won't install regardless...

I am using Wordpress 3.5

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @MBonner

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I have tested and have done it many a times and have never ever faced any issues while installing MarketPress and Membership together.

Can you please provide more info on what error messages are you receiving when you are trying to install plugins ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• MBonner
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm working with my server support to identify the problem but the errors seem to happen if I load too many plugins at one time. Once I receive an error, it's impossible to load any new plugins.

I'm looking to see if it 's a problem with my server now.

• MBonner
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I found the answer. My PHP script memory was set to 32 M. Had to double that...my question now is...do the plugins require that much PHP memory on a regular basis or is that just during the install process (I installed a number of mods)?

Thank you for your help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Generally the plugins do not require the memory continuously.

But its always good to have script memory high especially when you expect to use chat services and other interactive plugins.

I have set mine to 512 M, and believe me, I have never run into issues due to low memory.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.