Membership Plugin- Don't Want On All Sites

Recently installed Membership. I'm getting emails from the domain admins of my sub-sites that their feeds are now protected:
http://edgamer.edreach.us/feed/

First off- I don't want my subsite admins to have anything to do with Membership. They won't be creating their own shopping sites there. They are the customers!

How do I make it so that the subsites admins have no Membership capabilities?

When I installed the plugin- Network Activate was the only option.

Thanks,

Dan

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey Daniel,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

Can you please tell how do you want to use the Membership plugin and for what purposes?

Membership is not about creating shopping sites.
    Maybe you wanted MarketPress?

Please advise what do you want to do with your network, so we could help.

Thanks,
    Ivan

• Daniel
    • Flash Drive

I figured this out- as it was "network Activated." I deactivated that and now can activate it solely on the main site.

BUT- for some reason, even though we've Network Deactivated Membership. One of our sites entire site is protected: http://edgamer.edreach.us/

We can't figure out how to unprotect it- we've purged all caches. We reactivated it for a moment, to try and undo something, but it was never configured on that site. Can't see how to unprotect it- which is a problem because it's protecting their RSS feed as well.

Strategy?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Daniel!

Thanks for the extra info here. Membership and Pro Sites do different things, can you perhaps give us some details about what you want to see from your site?

ProSites is great if you're trying to monetize your network, meaning you want the sub-site owners to pay for continued access to their sites. With addons, you can offer additional features to your subsite owners, including premium plugins and themes.

Membership is designed to help monetize individual sites, by charging members/users for access to premium features/content.

Both come with a default "free" level with minimal access, in Membership's case, or a limited feature site, in Pro Sites' case.

So, long story short, the answer to your question is "it depends." :slight_smile: If you want to charge sub-site owners for sites, you'll need Pro Sites, if you want to charge users for access to content, Membership is the droid you're looking for. If you want a combo of both, we'll need to figure out how to make them play more nicely together.

Hope this clears things a bit!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.