membership plugin error for FREE $0 subscription

Hi.

So we have two types of memberships. Right now I show in the TEXT ONLY for the second membership that it is "150 per year" however the finite membership is set at a price of $0.00 (so we can test the process without payment). The problem is when we try to process a new membership as a College Coach (the second free membership) we just get hung on the next blank page.

http://juniorgolfranking.org/register/

• aristath

Hello there @G Lewis, I hope you're well today!

Please set WP_DEBUG to true in your wp-config.php file.
    Once you do, try to repeat that process.
    This time instead of a blank page you should be able to see some errors on your page, including a PHP fatal error. That fatal error is what causes the blank page...
    Could you please post these errors here so that we may take a closer look at them and hopefully understand what goes on?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• G Lewis

THESE FIRST THREE WERE ON THE HOME PAGE
    Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3245

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3245) in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/func.php on line 79

THESE ERRORS STARTED AT THE POINT THAT I TRIED TO REGISTER FOR A COACH MEMBERSHIP

Notice: get_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use get_user_meta() instead. in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

Notice: update_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use update_user_meta() instead. in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

Notice: get_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use get_user_meta() instead. in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

Notice: update_usermeta is deprecated since version 3.0! Use update_user_meta() instead. in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3078

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:3245) in /home/joseph/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

• aristath

Hello again @G Lewis, I hope you're well today!

I think the problem here is this part:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by .........

This message indicates that somewhere on your installation a php file outputs headers before its time.
    You can solve this issue by following the process below:
    Switch your theme to the default twentytwelve theme and deactivate all other plugins except the Membership plugin.
    You should now see that this error no longer exists.
    To find out which plugin/theme triggers this issue, start activating them one-by-one and test again.
    Finally, activate your previously selected theme.

Next, you'll have to inspect the files of the plugin or theme that triggers this error.

Open all php files one by one and check for the following:

If there is a space or blank line before the opening <?php tag on the file, delete those spaces or lines.

If there is a closing ?> tag at the end of the file, delete it.

As stated in the PHP docs,

The closing tag of a PHP block at the end of a file is optional, and in some cases omitting it is helpful when using include or require, so unwanted whitespace will not occur at the end of files, and you will still be able to add headers to the response later. It is also handy if you use output buffering, and would not like to see added unwanted whitespace at the end of the parts generated by the included files.

The most usual causes of this error though are a theme's functions.php file and WordPress's wp-config.php file, so I'd start checking these 2 before everything else.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.