Membership plugin error page – "Are you sure you want to do this?"

I am getting an error page that says “Are you sure you want to do this?” every time I try to set up the Membership plugin. For instance, when I set which membership is the free one, I get the error and when I set the re-direct pages, I get the error.

• LHardy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

There was initially a plugin called “membership”, but I removed that one and replaced it with “membership premium”. The plugin doesn’t show up in the plugins list of the main site, so I went to the network dashboard, uninstalled the plugin there and re-installed it, which made it reappear in the main site list. I’m still getting the error page when I try to edit general options or page options. I’m not getting any other errors within the Membership section, but I do get a 404-not found error when trying to “re-enable” a new site which is deactivated due to non-payment. Not sure if that’s related…

• LHardy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hmm… that didn’t work. it said everything was Ok. After looking at the plugin pages, I’m wondering if Pro Sites and Membership are compatible? I guess I’ve been trying to use them both together to manage two different types of signups. What I really need is to have paid Pro Sites – none of them for free – and the ability for regular ol’ readers to join the main site for access to certain content. How should I have these plugins set up in order to do that?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You’ll need to enable ProSites, and set it up with the “Pay to Blog” module.

Then you can enable Membership on the main site and protect the information accordingly.

Are you looking to protect network wide or just the main site content?

Membership and ProSites both protect very different things and operate very differently. The do work well side by side, but there is no way that they integrate.

Best,

Kimberly

• LHardy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I want to protect free downloadable content posted on the main site, but I want a member of any network sites to have access.

I’m still getting the same error when I click “Save Changes” on the Membership options pages.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You still getting a 404?

There is a way to setup Membership to work across the network and not on each site. Out of the box it only will protect the info on each site.

It’s an advanced setting, you can find the instructions at the end of the Membership document under the FAQ

What are the permission settings on your folder?

Are you using default permalinks? You should be using pretty permalinks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.