Membership plugin for a private Woocommerce Store ?

Hi,
I'd like to create a Private Woocommerce Store with Membership Plugin.
I've installed the plugin, configured it and Activated.
I have a Visitors access where I configured a Negative rule for the Woocommerce Catalog Page but this Catalog Page never become private ?
Did I missed something ?
Thank you.
Dimitri

• Dimitri
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I made some deep tests.
    It seems that this problem occurs only with pages for Visitors level (not authenticated).
    I've set negative rules to some pages and some menus. Menus are correctly hidden but pages are never protected with Visitors level.
    By the way, it works for other levels with authenticated users.

A bug somewhere ?

Dimitri

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Dimitri,
    I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, I was simply offline yesterday.

I'm afraid I'll have to take a closer look at your site to figure out what's wrong...
    If you could please send your credentials using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - On the subject type Attn: aristath
    - Select "I have a different wuestion" from the dropdown menu
    - Include a link to this thread
    - Include your admin (or superadmin if it's a network) credentials (user/pass)
    - Include a link to your site.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Not today, I logged-in yesterday but there was no Membership menu on the dashboard. That's why I requested you grant me administration right for the Membership admin as well. There's a separate menu for that on the Membership plugin...
    I'm working on another client's site right now, as soon as I finish there I'll start working on your site again. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

The rules you had on your "Visitor" access level dissallowed access to the "boutique" menu item and a couple of pages.
    WooCommerc in your site uses a URL structure like /boutique/product-name so I added a new URL group and used regular expressions to include all these URLs.
    I then added the newly created URL group to your access level and it now doesn't allow visitors to access these pages. :slight_smile:

To better understand the way URL groups work you can download the plugin manual from this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you need any further assistance don't hesitate to reopen this and post an update on your current status!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Dimitri

Hello Ari,
    1) You found a workaround using URL groups but I still believe there is a bug somewhere in the plugin with negative rules with pages restriction for visitors level.
    2) I don't know why but my homepage should be public and visible by anyone. With the rule you added, my homepage is restricted to visitors level and they are no rule in membership plugin to restrict this access.
    Dimitri

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Dimitri,

1) You found a workaround using URL groups but I still believe there is a bug somewhere in the plugin with negative rules with pages restriction for visitors level.

It is not a workaround, nor is it a bug. The Menu protection works for menu items and their children when they actually exist. WooCommerce uses virtual pages & categories, thus making it harder to include the actual products in the rules. However its URL structure is nice and cinsistent, so this is a solution that is documented in the plugin manual to support cases like these.

You made a little syntax error in the group URL rules.

Yes, I admin that my knowledge of RegEx is not that good. :slight_smile:

I noticed though that for your paying members you're using positive rules and have added all the pages and all the menus in there as rules.
    Since in WooCommerce some things are virtual and not actual entities, my advise would be to use negative rules instead.
    Using positive rules users can only see what you've added in the positive rules, excluding everything else. So if you add a new page, a menu item etc you'll have to keep updating your rules.
    On the other hand if you add a negative rule and exclude for example a dashboard widget, then all your pages will be available and you needn't worry about these things.

Also please keep in mind that when you change your domain from dev.domain.com to domain.com you'll also have to change the URL groups to include the new URLs.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Dimitri

Hi Ari.
    Before trying to protect woocommerce, I tried to protect a contact page not related with woocommerce.
    I assure you that page protection with negative rules DO NOT WORK for visitors level.
    Have a try on a test site and you will see it with your own eyes :wink:
    Regards.
    Dimitri

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.