Membership Plugin Function Question

Hello,

I want to restrict most content on my site, but for a few, I want them to be public viewable. So I guess the only way to achieve this is to use shortcodes for every post I want to open access to only paid members. Are there any other ways to do that?

Thank you very much.

Nice day

• Tyler Postle

Hey Morbloger,

I believe using categories would be one solution for this. restrict visitors from all post categories except 1, maybe call it "Public" or something. Then whenever you want to have a post publicly viewable you can put it in the "Public" category before publishing it then you should be good to go.

There may be other solutions for this as well but that's the first one that came to my mind!

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

• aristath

Hello there @Morbloger, I hope you're well today!

If you want to hide parts of your posts and not the entire post then yes, shortcodes are the only way.
    If however you want to simply allow your visitors to only be able to access a few pages on your website, then you can create a new access level for your visitors, add positive rules for these pages, and then assign that access level to anonymous users by visiting from your Dashboard Membership > Options.
    Assign your level to the "Stranger Settings" field and you should be ok. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.