Membership plugin generates Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object

Hi, on one of my network sites (www.wolfgangrathert.com) where I have the Membership plugin enabled I get a white screen showing the error message below. The error message does not show up if I am logged in as an admin. I have WP 4.0, multisite enabled, Genesis framework enabled, theme "Minimum Pro", Membership plugin 3.5.2.1 enabled only on selected sites.

Here the error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /srv/www/vhosts/smart-business-events.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/membership/classes/Membership/Model/Rule/Categories.php on line 378

As a quick fix in deactivated the plugin, and the site was available again.

Thanks for ideas how to get the plugin working again...

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi there @mynym,

I hope you are well today.

This is weird, I'm not really sure does it because to membership or not, since the error is come from a native wordpress hook.

I will need more information to troubleshoot it, can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (I will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• mynym
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Hoang Ngo
      Thank you for the offer to help debugging the issue. Since I published this post, two upgrades of the plugin were released. The first already removed the issue described above.
      Unless you want me to help you reconstruct the error by downgrading to the previous version of the plugin, the case is closed from my point of view.
      Thanks again for your support.
      Best, Wolfgang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.