Membership plugin giving errors can you help?

Hi there,

My membership plugin is giving an error message.

This is the information below that the membership plugin is giving me. It has only just started to happen. Everything was good before that.

Maybe something to do with the latest WordPress update do you think? That is the only thing that is new and changed on the site. I have done nothing else to the site.

I get the message when I load new users and enter their membership level.

Please advise.

Thanks, John Highman

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.membership.php on line 447 and defined in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:990) in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

• john_highman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys, I am using Membership Premium version 3.4.2. I believe this is the latest version. I have been using that version before the problem was noted

To explain what I was doing, here is a summary.

1. This issue has happened 2 times over the last few days when I did exactly the same thing for different ‘members’.

2. I got separately paid for a membership on my site so I entered the new member as a ‘user’.

3. I then went to ‘All members’ in the plugin and then chose the ‘membership level’ for the new user.

4. As soon as I choose the ‘membership level’ for the new user I get this message

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.membership.php on line 447 and defined in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:990) in /home/cmem4893/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

5. To test the point again I just entered one of my other email addresses as a new user. The same problem happened again.

I am using WordPress version 3.5

I hope that information helps you.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I’ve got a few betas out across multiple threads at the moment, I’m going to put a new post up at the top of the forum with the latest beta and will just update that one as we move through the beta process, so keep an eye out at the top of the forum today (or early tomorrow) for the first one.

• john_highman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Barry and mort3n

I have updated as per the suggested beta release. To do the update I removed the old plugin first so that no old problems remained.

It (the new update) did not solve my problem.

To test it I loaded a new member as a user and then went to select the membership level for that member. I got this message back:

This is consistent with earlier issues.

It is of note that a single membership level will give access to all membership levels.

In other words a ‘low level’ member has access to ‘high level’ membership and everything that goes with it. To get around the problem at the moment I have stopped selling ‘low level’ packages.

I am open to any help you guys can give me. It is a real concern for me.

Thank you,

John Highman

• john_highman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for telling me of the new beta update. I have loaded the membership 3.4.3 beta. In doing so I correctly removed the old version first so I could do the upload correctly.

I thought I would give you an update after this new beta version load.

The members in all categories can still see everything across the site. The low level members can still access all membership data in all other categories.

In other words the problem still exists with this new update.

I will keep an eye out for your further updates.

Thank you.

• john_highman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just to be clearer on this for you and to help you I can advise that the latest beta 3.4.3 has not stopped the problem where the membership levels are wide open for all members.

Everyone that is a member can see everything. Low level members that should have great restriction on what they can see are now seeing everything and can access all pages in all membership levels.

The problem still exists. Members should have restriction on what they can access as to pages. That used to be the case but the WordPress update has changed all that for your plugin.

I just wanted to be clear that the problem is still current.

Thank you.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi John, can you post issues with the beta on the beta thread please, so that they are all in the same place.

Are you getting the warnings in the new beta, as that was the issue for this post – is the other issue you mentioned above new?

Everyone that is a member can see everything. Low level members that should have great restriction on what they can see are now seeing everything and can access all pages in all membership levels.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Not sure what you mean by the “low level user” and “high level user”, so if you could explain then that would be great – but can we confirm that the warnings are gone now as well? If they aren’t you post the new ones up on the beta thread.

• john_highman
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The warnings issue has gone with the new beta 3.4.3

When that was resolved I saw that the next problem exists. That is that my 4 member levels in my site can see everything in the site (this is incorrect given the way the pages are set for the different members).. I have posted my issue in the 3.4.3 Beta stream for you. We can converse there if you like.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.