MEMBERSHIP PLUGIN HELLLLLP

I sincerely hope someone will get back to me. I phoned at my own expense and was told I was better off trying to use this method, but all my questions have been totally ignored. Please provide the support you advertise.

I am currently using the membership plugin and it is working with PayPal exactly was expected. Very good. Then I integrated Authorize.net but I didn't see a "subscribe" button (or trigger) to choose to pay using Authorize.net --- until I changed the subscription to "FINITE" (from "serial"). I need to use Authorize.net for recurring subscriptions... and if WPMUDEV membership plugin doesn't support this, then I really wish you would say that in your docs. This issue has been going on (in your forums) for over 3 years. PLease let me know. I have purchased SSL certificates , your plugin and received help from NOBODY. Not on the phone, not by email, not in your forums. All I want to know is how to get membership to work with recurring memberships using Authorize.net. I am guessing this is what your plugin has been created specifically for. I VERY MUCH look forward to a definitive word (and help on this issue) from one of your most knowledgable people. A thousand thanks in advance. Most grateful.

• Timothy Bowers

I sincerely hope someone will get back to me. I phoned at my own expense and was told I was better off trying to use this method, but all my questions have been totally ignored. Please provide the support you advertise.

We don't provide or advise that we provide support over the phone. Where did you see this advertised?

PLease let me know. I have purchased SSL certificates , your plugin and received help from NOBODY.

I only see one support thread in your profile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/profile/chriskiss

The other two are posted on the back of someone elses old thread which is no longer monitored. It's always best to create your own thread that way it then alerts one of our staff who can look into your questions/issues.

Anyway, I was just chatting with Cole who was the one working on this gateway, ARB is planned for a future release but currently its only flat rate for this particular gateway. Sorry.

Take care.

• chriskiss

Thank you Timothy. I saw "world class support" and/or "unlimited support" advertised somewhere among all the clicking and reading that I have been doing in the last few days. I can't remember where, since I need to WORK and am trying to accomplish something with your plugin - and normally as a highly experience developer, I do not need any support at all.

Please excuse me, because I found out after my purchase that you don't provide support over the phone. So then I tried email, and unfortunately, my e-mail request ended up on someone's desk by the name of "kimberly" who didn't even answer my question. I need to contact someone who knows what they are talking about. If Kimberly doesn't know, she should forward it to someone who does. I emailed her back 7 hours ago. No reply. I can't wait that long for an answer. So I phoned. A company is relying on me to find the best plugin to do the job. If I can't get answer - it's a problem.

When I buy something , I expect it to work. Perhaps that is presumptuous of me... but when it doesn't work, and I search threads and see old comments from 2009, 2010, 2011 which say "we hope to have Authorize.net recurring subscriptions working in future releases" , I wonder why they don't mention this upfront that they STILL don't have this capability. And this is 3+ years ago. Now here we are in 2012, and you are telling me the same thing. I have to buy it and fumble about with no direct answers until I discover this on my own DAYS later. That's like buying a chair from IKEA, and when you put it together, there is a screw missing so you can't even sit on it - making it useless for the reason you originally purchased it . Quite sure you can understand the frustration with that.

But perhaps you can please answer these direct questions.
    I would be MOST grateful.

1. Since Automated Recurring Billing is STILL not supported for Auth.net -- even +3 years after they said it would be supported in future releases -- when WILL it be supported?

1A. WPMUDEV advertises that PSDTuts allegedly uses the Membership plugin. Since ARB for Authorize.net doesn't work.... do they get recurring payments by PayPal only?

2. Is it possible to use 2 active gateways at the same time? That is to say, I need to give the visitor 2 options to EITHER upgrade with PayPal (recurring) or Authorize.net (recurring) from our "register" page. But when I active both Authorize.net and PayPal gateways, only the PayPal "subscribe" button is visible. Is this normal and the way it's SUPPOSED to work? ONE or the OTHER?

2. The Membership plugin manual says "to choose which gateway you want to use" and they are visible (in the admin / Membership dashboard) in a list form -- which suggests you can have more than one active gateway at the same time... but then on page 37 of 61 from the manual , it says "Note: Only one gateway should be used at a time". May I get the definitive word on this?If "membership" only works with ONE gateway -- do the others need to be deactivated??

3. The PayPal aspect of it I now have all working perfectly - including recurring. It's good. It works fine using the "sandbox" for test purposes. But to test Authorize.net transaction and sign-up, does Authorize.net's user settings need to be running in TEST MODE??? In other words, if I choose "SANDBOX" in WP/Membership settings for authorize.net... is that enough to let AUTH.NET know that this transaction is not a real one? - or do I have to switch AUTH.NET over to "test mode"?

4. https://pana.webfinity.us/register/ is a demo register page I have set up to demonstrate the problem with Authorize.net not working. I entered the credit card number and end up at a "register create an account" screen... with no success or error message with regards to payment.

https://pana.webfinity.us/register/?action=registeruser&subscription=1&errors=1

What is that? I keep getting an error "payment method is not supported for the payment"

I realize this is very wordy but that's why phone support is clearly better and takes less valuable time. Thank you again for your reply.

• Timothy Bowers

1. Since Automated Recurring Billing is STILL not supported for Auth.net -- even +3 years after they said it would be supported in future releases -- when WILL it be supported?

This I can't answer, but I can ping our developer who maintains and develops this plugin. He deals with the code direct.

2. Is it possible to use 2 active gateways at the same time? That is to say, I need to give the visitor 2 options to EITHER upgrade with PayPal (recurring) or Authorize.net (recurring) from our "register" page. But when I active both Authorize.net and PayPal gateways, only the PayPal "subscribe" button is visible. Is this normal and the way it's SUPPOSED to work? ONE or the OTHER?

It wouldn't be possible to move your users between gateways automatically because that requires action on their part to authorise a new subscription in the new gateway.

does Authorize.net's user settings need to be running in TEST MODE??? In other words, if I choose "SANDBOX" in WP/Membership settings for authorize.net... is that enough to let AUTH.NET know that this transaction is not a real one? - or do I have to switch AUTH.NET over to "test mode"?

I don't use Authorize.net myself, however if you set it to Sandbox in the Membership admin then it wouldn't process a live transaction with Authorize.net the login credentials to test transactions would be for:

https://developer.authorize.net/testaccount/

4. https://pana.webfinity.us/register/ is a demo register page I have set up to demonstrate the problem with Authorize.net not working.

Unfortunately as I try to load your site I am getting timeouts so the page won't load.

Let me know when it's back online.

I will also ping the developer as I mentioned above.

Thanks.

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile: I see we were waiting on confirmation that the site was back online.

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.