Membership plugin installed but now showing? HELP!

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed the membership plugin, but it's not showing up in my admin at all, not even in the list of plugins (active or inactive).

I am attempting to add it to an existing site with many plugins (and built on Thesis) just as an FYI.

I'm on quite a tight deadline to get this up and running (this is the site dropdeadgorgeousdaily.com) so any help would be appreciatted. Thanks in advance.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Greets:

Welcome to WPMUDev.

Please walk us though with specifics how you installed the plugin. Also a check of your webserver's error logs would be a plus and a very good habit to get into.

Can someone make that into a link please? I can;t copy and paste tonight.

• Kate McK
    • Flash Drive

Hi DrMike,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Basically I downloaded the zip file from this site, then I uploaded it throught the wp admin upload feature. It all seemed to work, I clicked activate, the screen refreshed, but it didn't appear in the list of plugins. There were no errors, it just hasn't shown up?

Although i have noticed there is a WPMU dev link under my superadmin menu now, so something must have worked.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Unfortunately, due to how most of our plugins are coded to be written in multi-site and single WordPress installations, simply uploading the file through the plugin uploader is not the best solution.

Check your zip file for installation instructions or read more about it on our installation instructions page for membership here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/installation/

Thanks and welcome from me as well! :smiley:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.