Membership Plugin Isn't Working Properly

Hi, I've setup a test membership level (free) that I am trying to get to work on http://orangutanmarketing.com/members/

However every time I try to register an account, firstly the member is held for moderation and is not automatically 'activated'.

Second, it doesn't forward users to the 'welcome' page I have designated for successful signups. It just asks users if they would like to upgrade, but I haven't set any upgrades

Any ideas?

Cheers,

-William

• orangutansolutions
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

When I tested with it on I got errors saying 'header sent'.

When I register normally, I get the message:

You currently have a subscription for the Free For Life! subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below.

Instead of being taken to the member's page.

However when I login and remove the subscription from the user via Wordpress dashboard, then get them to subscribe again, it sends me to the members page.

But other than that it will always stick on the message above.

• _768
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm having the same problem. After signing up for a free membership, Instead of the Registration Complete page I made it redirects to a page which says this:

You currently have a subscription for the Free User subscription. If you wish to sign up for a different subscription then you can do so below.

The only thing is I only have one subscription plan in place and nothing shows "below". Older versions of the plugin did it right, maybe I'll try to find that bit of code in the last version and replace the current erroneous bit.

It makes it look like the site doesn't work. Not a good first impression.

If there is a bit of code to fix it please let me know...

• _768
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I forgot, NONE are activated

-Update:
    I activated PayPal Express with same result...

Update 2:
    I commented out lines 4-80 on payment.form.php this gets rid of the screen mentioned above
    With no gateway enabled, the subscribe button displays weird and will not click. It also asks free members if they have a coupon code after they have already registered.
    Should free members even be redirected to payment.form.php? This could be the problem...

• _768
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No matter what I do this plugin tries to up-sell registrants to something that doesn't exist. Even with free payment gateway the ONLY one activated and ONLY one subscription/access level. Time to go back to version 2.4 I guess

• _768
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I agree, I know the world has A.D.D. but even if there is an upgrade option, why try to up-sell someone when they just picked their membership from a menu of all available options on the previous screen?

They had the chance 10 seconds ago to upgrade,

If they didn't want one of the other available options on the previous screen why ram it down their throat again?

It would be stellar if some one jumps on a solution stat...

• orangutansolutions
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That solved the problem. But it still has other issues, like whatever text you put above the [subscription] shortcode will stay there through the sign up process, so you can't really customize the position of the different subscription levels.

For example, I want a snippet of text, then the subscribe button under that paragraph for one level.

Then another snippet of text, then a second subscribe button for the next level.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings William,

I am happy to hear that you got your original issue resolved.

This is what fixed Williams original issue, the text is written clearly and specifically telling:
    If you have free user registration enabled on your site, select the subscription they will be assigned to initially.

If you are using a paid subscription model - it is probably best to set this to "none".

@_768 your issue is not related to the one reported in this ticket. Please create your own ticket for your issue so the support person servicing that ticket can concentrate on your issue alone.

William for your remaining issue:

like whatever text you put above the [subscription] shortcode will stay there through the sign up process, so you can't really customize the position of the different subscription levels.

I have no solution for this so therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• orangutansolutions
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Joe,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't really want to waste your time on it, cause I went ahead with another plugin in the end.

I really do appreciate the support though and must make it clear that I use a whole load of other plugins from the wpmudev which work wonders (even on the site above).

Just in my case this one didn't really suit my needs.

But thanks for the support.

Cheers,

-William

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings William,

Thank you for letting us know and sorry to hear that this did not work out for you the way you had anticipated.

Also thank you for letting us know about the other plugins as well, it is truly appreciated.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.