Membership plugin keeps redirecting to protected content

I have installed membership for my buddypress site and was able to register and sign up for members previously, but now it keeps redirecting to protected content when I try to register a new account or access a page as a visitor.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Dominic,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I could register on your site http://codingwhileblack.com/2014/register/ successfully.

If it's wrong site then could you please share me the correct site URL so that i can troubleshoot it?

It was working for you but stopped working recently, do you remember anything you have updated / edited / configured that caused it?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Dominic

Hello, currently Membership is enabled but its not setup to prevent access or allow subscriptions as the directions aren't very clear on how to setup and use the plugin. Right now its free registration.

I would like to setup the plugin so that visitors can only view the blog, selected pages, and signup for a free or paid subscription. They should not have access to any buddypress or component pages.

At this point, there would be no difference in access between the two subscriptions with the exception that members get free or discounted events. However, I would like to know how to configure it to offer only the paid subscription which is the plan post-beta. I tried to do this previously and I think that is what broke it when I enabled paid subscription.

I am not positive this is the case as I was able to access the paid subscription page at least once before it started redirecting.w

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Dominic,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

With Membership, it's important you use the same rule set across all access levels, such as all positive or all negative.

Positive rules, automatically block the content to any other levels that don't have that rule added.

Whereas negative rules, you need to go into each access level and specifically block the content.

With the paid subscriptions, the main thing is the duration, if you have a duration of say 120 days, that should be 4 months, rather than 120 days, 120 days would be a invalid parameter in PayPal.

Also if you are using PayPal, you should only enable PayPal single payments or PayPal standards and not both.

Then in membership > options > membership pages, make sure every page is set and in Membership > options, make sure that the default subscription is set to none, and have the stranger access as one of your access levels, you can create one specifically for that access level :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.