Membership plugin more detailed tuts?

I finally managed to isolate (protect) a category. Only members can access that category, sub-category posts and some protected pages. The membership is free.

1) I want to put a widget with member login dialog into the side bar. I can't find a login dialog in that plugin. Don't want to use the WP login, members should not see a WP profile page.
2) when members log in they should go to their own 'home' page and see all unblocked menus (in the side bars), how do I route members to a (after login) home page?
3) I want to use the gravity forms add-on, it's activated, but doesn't seem to work yet. I think it has something to do with those short codes. It's great to know that you can use short codes, but HOW do you apply those properly? Can they be anything I want to call them or are they specific? Gravity forms short codes are mentioned, where are they? I could make the sign-up form work, but not with gravity forms.

I've read the installation page, but need a more detailed explanation so that I can finally set that membership plugin up properly. Thanks.

• Barry

Hi, hope these links help - there are a lot of plugins available that do what you want, so I've just linked to the search results so you can have a look at a few rather than picking one or two myself.

I want to put a widget with member login dialog into the side bar. I can't find a login dialog in that plugin. Don't want to use the WP login, members should not see a WP profile page.

http://www.google.com/webhp?q=login+widget+wordpress+site

when members log in they should go to their own 'home' page and see all unblocked menus (in the side bars), how do I route members to a (after login) home page?

http://www.google.com/webhp?q=redirect%20user%20after%20login%20wordpress

I want to use the gravity forms add-on, it's activated, but doesn't seem to work yet.

How doesn't it work? Do you see the gravity forms shortcode ([gravityforms]) in your shortcodes rule. Note: This addon ISN'T gravity forms, you still need that plugin in order to use it.

I think it has something to do with those short codes. It's great to know that you can use short codes, but HOW do you apply those properly?

Not sure what you mean here, can you clarify the question a bit.

I've read the installation page, but need a more detailed explanation so that I can finally set that membership plugin up properly. Thanks.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-simple-tutorial-site-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/drip-feed-your-content-with-the-wpmu-dev-membership-plugin/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-a-free-or-paid-membership-site-with-wordpress-and-the-membership-plugin/

• aecnu

Greetings Pixeldrummer,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

1) I want to put a widget with member login dialog into the side bar. I can't find a login dialog in that plugin. Don't want to use the WP login, members should not see a WP profile page.

Becoming familiar with the Membership plugin has been one of my top priorities this last day or so and though I do not have an answer for this particular issue, I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice.

2) when members log in they should go to their own 'home' page and see all unblocked menus (in the side bars), how do I route members to a (after login) home page?

This is dependent upon your own individual configuration and desires.
    You may want to use the Login Redirect plugin to custom redirect them where you want if the default does not suit you.

3) I want to use the gravity forms add-on, it's activated, but doesn't seem to work yet. I think it has something to do with those short codes. It's great to know that you can use short codes, but HOW do you apply those properly?

Short codes are basically abbreviations/short cuts for long codes and using them properly normally involves, dependent on their particular function, embedding them into pages, posts, and possibly emails from within the system.

3a) Can they be anything I want to call them or are they specific?

No they are specific to the function to which they are set by the developer. In extremely rare and special cases there are facilities to create your own, but I have never seen this with WPMU Dev products - but once again they are within the confines of the developers specifications.

3b) Gravity forms short codes are mentioned, where are they?

Great question though I do not have an answer to this except that Gravity Forms may have its own set of shortcuts specifically designated by the developer of Gravity Forms and that would be where to find them. Possibly the developer will see this when they visit this ticket and correct me if I am in error.

Thanks again for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Pixeldrummer,

It appears that the developer beat me to the answers.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thanks again and it is great to have you as a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.