Membership Plugin, "MOVE TO" subscription option not showing payment button

Hey guys--pretty simple problem here but can't seem to find a solution in the documentation. Working on a site (access details can be provided, if necessary) and have the following issue:

On the "Manage Billing / Subscription" page, once a user is signed up, it shows a list of other alternative subscriptions that starts with:

"Your current subscriptions are listed here. You can renew, cancel or upgrade your subscriptions by using the forms below."

Then below, it lists the subscriptions, but no price, and no payment button. What setting am I missing here? It's not supposed to be setup to drip content or automatically upgrade a user. Any change to the subscription needs to be made manually, by the user.

ALSO--what happens if an administrator changes the subscription from the admin panel? If the user is using the Paypal option to pay for the subscription, is this updated in the user's paypal account when the ADMINISTRATOR makes the change from admin? Seems like there would have to be a disconnect there somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lewismedia,

Thank you for the great questions.

what happens if an administrator changes the subscription from the admin panel?

Technically the PayPal payment gateway keeps track of the subscription from creation date or until it is manually cancelled by you or the end user. Even if you make the change in the admin it will NOT change the subscription created on PayPal.

However, the last I knew if the client indeed cancels out side of the Membership area i.e. Directly with PayPal --> then the PayPal IPN comes into your site and cancels the membership on the spot.

Then below, it lists the subscriptions, but no price, and no payment button. What setting am I missing here?

What gateways do you have active?

And it is assigned to each level?

Also what is the term set at i.e. finite, indefinite, or serial?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.