membership plugin MU site creation

I recently installed the Membership plugin on my WordPress MU site. The site is currently wide open and folks can go thru the regular registration process to create a single site. What I'd like to do is require a user to buy a monthly subscription package prior/during the registration process in order to create a single site.

Is this feature possible with the membership plugin?

thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @grego3781,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

You'd need to use the blog creation limit within the access levels, to restrict them from creating sites without being a member, if this makes sense?

So that would be in wp-admin > access levels > blog creation level, drag that to the access level. :slight_smile:

Any issues, we're here to help.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• grego3781

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and setup access levels on the primary site as mentioned.

I also setup the "default subscription" to a subscription plan called "free" for new users so that folks can initially create a new blog for free.

What I'm seeing tho is that after the blog is created, the membership plugin is included in the new blog.

Ideally all membership stuff would be handled from the primary site.

is this possible with the membership plugin?

thanks

• Vaughan

Hi @grego3781,

Have you network activated membership plugin? If that is the case then this is why it appears on each blog, as each subsite can create their own membership site.

If you want to control all blogs globally from the main site only, you can add the following to your wp-config

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', true);
    define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_MAINSITE', 1);

The above will make the membership plugin only controllable from the main site & network admin.

Note, whilst you can setup access rules for the main site. If you want to protect pages on subsites, it's currently a bit of a manual process as you can only control the subsites using URL groups, so you would need to keep adding a URL group rule and entering the full domain URLs for each subsite in the URL group everytime a new blog is created.

We're hoping to improve this in the next version of membership which is currently being rewritten.

If you don't want to actually protect content, but only charge people for creating blogs, you can use the pro-sites plugin and enable the pay to blog module. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

Might be something else to consider.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.