Membership Plugin--Must Tweet or Follow For Content?

I was wondering, is there something out there, or is the code available so we can make the membership plugin require that you follow X-user (in this case, site owner) on twitter and/or tweet and/or facebook like in exchange for membership instead of charging $$$

In other words, don't want your money for membership (though always nice), just want you to follow me on twitter in exchange for content access? as a wordpress plugin?

Thanks, rg.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hmm... Interesting Idea.

There's nothing built into Membership for this in an automated way. You could always put this on your Subscription page and manually give folks a membership once you've verified they're following the twitter account - of course they might then immediately unfollow the account.

I dunno. Anyone else have an idea for this or want something like this incorporated?

Thanks!

• rolandogomez
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

It really needs to be automated, and should "drop" a person if they unfollow you, like a directory plugin that checks for a reciprocal link. If anyone can incorporate this as a plugin for the membership plugin, this could be sold as a "viral" plugin and some programmer could really cash in :wink: I wish I was a programmer, I'd be on this--it just needs to use Twitter's "oauth" API to work properly, hence, not asking the twitter user their name/password to abide by twitter's rules. I think this would be amazing! Thanks, anyone?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.