Membership Plugin not functioning correctly

I actually think this plug-in is broken or not working as advertised....

I want to select a non expiring, non-reoccurring membership option... My users pay once for access forever.

After reading the .PDF instructions, I understand that selecting the "Indefinite" mode (when setting up a subscription) should enable this functionality.

I would expect that when selecting "indefinite" mode... the option to set a time frame should disappear and the code sent to PayPal should change from requesting a Subscription button to a buy now button. (as it is no longer a Subscription but a one time purchase)

Would appreciate a fix! or a workaround.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

The plugin is designed to sell membership hence it has to use a subscription approach as using PayPal for the gateway.

If you want to sell an indefinite membership, you can follow the below approach.

In the subscription plan set

Mode >> Infinite
    Duration >> 365 Years
    Price whatever you want >>

It will show something like you will pay $price and nothing else

I would expect that when selecting "indefinite" mode... the option to set a time frame should disappear and the code sent to PayPal should change from requesting a Subscription button to a buy now button. (as it is no longer a Subscription but a one time purchase)

No, its not how it works. Its designed for the subscriptions to be finite, serial of indefinite. PayPal image can be changed to anything of your choice in the gateway settings.

I hope that helps.Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.