Membership plugin not receiving Paypal info

I can't get Membership to recognize a Paypal payment and activate the user in the multisite load, it does in the non-multisite load we have running. Non-multisite works fine, only in live mode though not sandbox (that's another issue for another time). User can signup, pay, instantly access, and it shows in admin properly as well. However, our Multisite load will only register the user and redirect to payment, but will not assign it the subscription or activate the user after payment is made.

I've tried both live and sandbox, no difference. I noticed that after payment, looking at the url (after it redirects back to my site) says "Completed", has the amount, item number, among several other encrypted things. Seems like it's trying to tell Membership something but it's not getting through.
I copied it to a text file and attached it here, hope it helps.

Using WP 3.12 and Membership 2.03

Thanks,
Matt

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I have done the repair already, this was the earlier post I had made but I resolved that...https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-save-new-level.

I can now save new levels and subscriptions, etc. This problem has come up after that. I just checked the verify database, it's still ok.

• bmk0220

Yes, that's correct. Signup process works, as far as registering the user, then redirecting to paypal and making the payment. After being redirected back to the site, user tries to login but cannot. Go into Admin to look...User is inactive and has no subscrip or level assigned.

Thanks,
    Matt

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Matt,

Thanks Matt, you mentioned in the other thread you're using PayPal Express - with Subscriptions. You're not using the Free gateway at all, correct?

I'll ask the developers to take a look back on this one too, as I can't see another reason the subscription/payment wouldn't complete to where the user becomes a member.

• bmk0220

The site is http://www.leadingrep.com. Yes, it's live, we're just not promoting the site yet, not technically "open for business", but it's live and working and has been for some time. We'll start promoting once we get the membership process setup, rewrite some content and a few other finishing touches.

Users first go to the "Signup" page, on that page there is a Payment image they click that takes them to the Signup Form (Membership's signup form). It's currently setup for Paypal Sandbox, but we've tried it Live as well, had the same issues. We know Sandbox isn't always reliable so we have tried it Live a few times as well.

Right David, only PayPal Express - with Subscriptions, not using the Free gateway. We want a low cost $2 month Silver for entry level and a higher cost Gold package. It's all currently in testing mode, we recently only activated Gold and made it $1 since we were doing live testing as well. Basically no need to pay attention to the small details like that on the site, the content etc. We will have a Silver and Gold and we want Gold to be attached to Supporter, where the higher level benefits will be.

Thanks for the help,
    Matt

• bmk0220

***UPDATE***

The process seems to be working now. User signs up, pays, can login immediately, shows as active and subscrip., level, expiration, payment gateway, all show properly now.

In addition, we installed Supporter and Affiliate. Supporter is set up on the Gold Level, not Silver. We haven't processed an upgrade yet, but the access permissions appear to be fine. Affiliate seems to recognize clicks so far, but we haven't done a payment transaction for it yet. Will keep testing those.

Anyway, we have no update on why it works now. We did not change anything in Membership (we purposely stayed away from it waiting on proper instruction from you guys). The only thing we did was clear all cache and cookies on all computers and servers, restarted everything, including the router. Basically just tried to start fresh since we had done so much testing. The next morning we tried a transaction and it worked, and in Sandbox!

We're not going to get overly optimistic, seen too much having been in IT for nearly 20 years now. But all seems fine today, we can say that. On to other testing now.

Thanks,
    Matt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.