Membership Plugin not redirecting

Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded to the full premium membership plugin from the Lite plugin.

I'm having some issues regarding redirection of users. I'll take a moment to describe our simple setup :slight_smile:

We have a Members Only page that contains the last 5 posts in a 'subscribers' category. The idea being if you are a member, you have access to the past 5 'issues' (posts).

I've set up a "Visitors" access level, and a "Subscribers" access level.

Visitors has a negative "Page" rule which is set to my "Members Only" page.

My Subscribers access level has no rules; as these users should be free to view everything.

In the Membership > Options > General settings tab, my "Visitors" access level is configured in the Stranger Settings > Use Membership Level drop-down.

Further, under the Membership Page Options tab, for the Protected Content Page setting, I have selected my "Subscription Expiry" page, which I have created for redirection purpose.

If a user clicks my "members only" menu item, they are redirected to my subscription expiry page...HOWEVER, if they click the menu item a second time, they suddenly have access to the Members only page, furthermore, they can view the shortcode in the post excerpt.

Secondly, when the plugin is active, some pages become blank white pages, other pages suddenly redirect users to the subscription expiry page :S

Any assistance with my configuration would be appreciated.

• Jeremy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just a quick update - after deleting all access levels and re-creating them, my blank pages issue has resolved, however users are still able to click a menu item to my protected page twice in order to get there.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, cheers.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jeremy,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I checked your site and am able to see the same behaviour.

So according to your setup as a visitor I should not be able to view the posts.

Are you using any caching plugins on your site ? If yes, can you kindly disable that after purging cache to see if that issue is still there ?

If yes, then we will need to have a closer look on how you have set things up as its hard to visualize what is going on there.

Can you kindly check for a plugin/theme conflict using the attached screenshot so that we can ensure that its not being caused due to external reasons ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Jeremy
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Right then, I've followed the guide you provided, deactivated all plugins except wp-membership, purged the cache and still found the issue persisting.

I then switched to the default TwentyTwelve theme and still have the problem.

I you require a closer look, perhaps we can arrange a login to this dev site.

For now I have reverted back to our theme, and re-activated our plugins.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.