Membership Plugin Paypal/Subscription Help

Hi,

Ver: 2.0.2 (membership plugin)

Backround;

I have two memberships, Guest Membership and Subscription Membership.

Vhen visitors visit my site they get access to a limited amount of information. If they sign up as a member they receive Guest Membership, where they receive the same amount of limited information. They sign up to post in the forums.

If they want access to all area they sign up to a Subscription Membership.

Question-

When signing up to a Subscription Membership and they click on the 'subscribe' button, it takes them Paypal sandbox? I do not understand this, how do they pay? This is when I enable teh 'Live' option for Paypal.

If a client cancels their subscription via Paypal and not my site how does my site know that the subscription has been cancelled?

If a client is on Guest Membership, how do they upgrade to Subscription Membership? They is no upgrade button.

This is a great plugin, fantastic infact but I do not understand the above.

Thanks

• igolftv
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Denise

When signing up to a Subscription Membership and they click on the 'subscribe' button, it takes them Paypal sandbox? I do not understand this, how do they pay? This is when I enable teh 'Live' option for Paypal.

Under the Edit payment gateway section click on live site instead of sandbox also make sure that that payment method is activated, some more information which i found when setting up a subscription based site is that the paypal subscription wont work if your paypal account isnt verified in which case you have to use the single payment option.

If a client cancels their subscription via Paypal and not my site how does my site know that the subscription has been cancelled?

Not 100% sure on this one, im sure paypal will inform you via email in which case you can manually edit their subscription.

If a client is on Guest Membership, how do they upgrade to Subscription Membership? They is no upgrade button.

From what i understand but i dont mind being corrected if you setup the free user to last for 1 day after that 1 day has passed they will see the upgrade options, im actually looking for a better way to do this myself which is how i came across your post.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
    ps im new to this plugin aswell so if any of the above is wrong i stand corrected!!

• Denise
    • Flash Drive

Under the Edit payment gateway section click on live site instead of sandbox also make sure that that payment method is activated, some more information which i found when setting up a subscription based site is that the paypal subscription wont work if your paypal account isnt verified in which case you have to use the single payment option.

I re-tried this on the subscription gateway and it worked? Weird, same settings were already activated...anyhow, looking good now. Thanks.

Not 100% sure on this one, im sure paypal will inform you via email in which case you can manually edit their subscription.

I guess that's the only way...

From what i understand but i dont mind being corrected if you setup the free user to last for 1 day after that 1 day has passed they will see the upgrade options, im actually looking for a better way to do this myself which is how i came across your post.

I changed the period value to 1 day and the mode to 'finite'. Still does not show any form of upgrade button?

I thought about adding the Subscription Membership in the level list below the Guest Membership, however that bundles the subsctipion so if they just joined and went through to Paypal it would say the first day is free with Guest Membership then after 1 day you will be charged for the Subscription Membership. I don't want to force the Subscription Membership....I want people to be able to choose to upgrade...?

Any can sort this upgrade issue?

You have been helpful Anthony cheers.

• igolftv

No Problem Denise

Im still looking for a workaround for your 3rd issue too..

If one of the developers reads this can you let us know if this is something you will be adding in the future or if there is a work around.

Many thanks

• Denise
    • Flash Drive

I am pulling my hair out with this. I need this resolved. I have so much stuff to do and this is seriously wasting my time.

How can members upgrade from a free membership to a paid membership? Surely this must be contained within the plugin!

• Denise
    • Flash Drive

Ok I have accepted to set-up a free membership where they are charged after 7 days....not what I wanted but this clearly is not going to get resolved.

Second issue.......................:

When clients take out a paid membership they are not seeing the paid content..........I have to upgrade their membership manually................why?

• igolftv

Just a quick idea for you denise.

For users to upgrade from free to paid have them subscribe as a free user with a finite period of 1 day when the one day is over it allows them to subscribe to another subscription eg the paid on or the free subscription again.

Im importing 500+ members who all signed up to my free site and ive set them up on free subscription for finite period of 1 day and then after one day has passed i will launch the site to them so tey can see the upgrade...

Still having the same issue as yourself in regards to members not being automatically assigned to their subscriptions....

• Denise
    • Flash Drive

I think I finally sorted it....the entire table was screwed...deleted tables and reinstalled....seems to be ok...not quite sure on the whole 1 day waiting before you can upgrade though?

igolftv, once people subscribe to my paid subscription they can see the paid content, I would advise removing the related tables in the database, disabling the plugin and then re-enabling the plugin and start a fresh configuration.

I feel this plugin is temperamental, if you mess with it too much it has a fit and just corrupts the tables.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.