Membership plugin protecting account page

I tried installing a caching plugin and then membership started protecting content I didn't want it to. I deleted the cache and removed the caching plugin but nothing changed. I then deleted membership and all DB entries for it then reinstalled it. It didn't automatically rebuild the DB tables until I told it to repair the tables. Now I can't add a subscription plan and then visitors access level is still protecting content it shouldn't be.
I don't have any positive or negative rules set for visitors and this is my only access level.
I just repaired tables again and it indicated it fixed 2 new talbes that weren't there before.
I can now add a subscription level. Unregistered users still are not redirected to my registration page.
I even added the shortcodes for the visitors level into my account page and it still isn't working. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

I've now used the wizard again which created duplicate access levels and subscriptions. Content is still incorrectly protected for site visitors. I deleted the access levels named visitor and created a new one called Guest. I changed the stranger access level to Guest and it's still incorrectly blocking access.
I recreated all the pages that membership uses by default and I then manually added the shortcodes to each one since they were not generated when the page was created.
I can access the register page, I can access the subscriptions page with a prompt to login.
I still cannot access the account page. I get redirected to 'Protected Content'

I've granted support access to my dashboard. Please let me know if you need access to my database as well.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jeff, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I tried installing a caching plugin and then membership started protecting content I didn't want it to. I deleted the cache and removed the caching plugin but nothing changed.

What was the caching plugin you had installed previously? Would it be WP Super Cache by any chance?

What's in your .htaccess file presently? Can you share that here please?

I even added the shortcodes for the visitors level into my account page and it still isn't working. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

What's the content you're wanting to have show up inside those visitor level shortcodes? The "Account" page isn't something meant to be accessed by those that don't have an account (hence the "Protected Content" page), but you can add that content to the "Protected Content" page.

On a side note, I'm able to access the pages on your site as a visitor (aside from the "Account", for obvious reasons), but I noticed that a couple of them (the Home page & the Pricing page) seemed to take a very long time to load.

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.