Membership Plugin Questions

I've finally found time to test the membership plugin to see how it work before making it available to supporters.

The site is WP 3.04 multi-site, BP 1.2.7 and have tried WP Membership 1.0.4 and 1.0.5.

I have the plugin installed per installation page. In supporter I have it set up as a Premium Plugin to auto activate for supporters. Every thing seems to be working on the main blog just fine.

I've set up another user account with its own blog and manually made it a supporter. Before I activated the membership plugin in the new user account nothing was there for the plugin but the ability to activate it in plugins. Once I activate it the only thing new I find is the widgets. There isn't any options for the new user account to set up its own membership. I'm not getting any error codes any where.

My understanding is each supporter is supposed to be able to set up there own membership site, isn't this correct?

What's wrong with my setup?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Dapado! Thanks for taking the time to try the Membership plugin out and sorry you're having trouble with it.

I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue so it doesn't appear to be anything you've done.

I'm going to pass this issue onto the developer to see if we can find out where the problem lies, and we'll get back to you.

Thanks for your patience while we do that!

Phil

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

My understanding is each supporter is supposed to be able to set up there own membership site, isn't this correct?

Have you used the little snippet of code posted on another thread to assign the admin users of the other blogs with membership admin permissions?

By default - only the main admin user is set as a membership admin user - so the admin users of the other blogs don't have permissions to administer the membership system.

I'll see if I can find the thread with it on.

• dapadoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@philipjohn Welcome to the support staff

@Barry I read this thread after I made my post. I'm not sure this is what I need. If I give full control to the membership plugin to other admins can they make changes to my memberships, levels and members?

Is so this isn't what I want or need. I thought when the plugin is made accessible to supporters they could make there own membership levels and have control of there own members. It sound to me the solution you give above allows access to all admins member levels.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

If you activate the plugin individually for each site, you should then be able to give each site admin access to the membership rules through a checkbox on their profile pages. I believe this allows them to operate independently of each other as well.

Have you tried this method?

Thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

If I give full control to the membership plugin to other admins can they make changes to my memberships, levels and members?

No, not unless you enable global tables.

I thought when the plugin is made accessible to supporters they could make there own membership levels and have control of there own members

They have to be membershipadmin users, which admin users aren't by default - so you have to give them that capability before they can see the membership admin menu - that bit of code does that.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.