Membership Plugin Questions

Hello,

I am confused a bit about setting up the Membership plugin.

My site is relatively simple. Only one level of members. A few "sales" pages that I want to be visible to the public (i.e. strangers). Different menus public and logged in members.

1. Must I use the shortcodes on all member pages in order to restrict them to members?

2. I have one level for memberships. But on the page whereat the instructions say there will be shortcodes for each level of membership, there are no shortcodes listed.

3. D I also have to do something with the URL groups? Or, are these in lieu of putting shortcodes on all member pages.

4. Will I get emails when someone successfully joins?

5. I am using a premium theme (cyberchimps Neuro) that has some sort of protection built in. When creating a page, you can designate the page as "private" or "public". I am not sure, but I think it means a person must be logged in to view a "private" page. Do you have any comments on this?

I appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

Jerry Perrich

• Kimberly

Hello Jerry!

Welcome to the Community!

I'll address your inquiries inline so I don't miss anything :slight_smile:

1. The Shortcodes are only one type of protection that we give as an option for you to use. This is mostly useful when you have one page that contains bits of info you'd keep for only members to see, while keeping some stuff public. You'd just wrap the bits for members in the shortcodes.

If the whole page is for a specific viewing set (just visitors or just members) then you would be better restricting it via the access levels directly. no need for shortcodes :slight_smile:

2. We are in the process of updating the documentation. We've made a couple of changes to the way the plugin operates and you'll find all of the shortcodes listed in the Access Levels Menu (ill attach a pic for reference)

3. Url groups are yet another option for protection. They are not required at all.

4. WordPress default is to notify you when you have a new registrant :slight_smile:

5. WordPress also has default Public or Private page settings as an option. You should leave the pages set to Public if you want the membership plugin to be able to protect them correctly. You are correct in the assumption that making them Private means they are only veiwable to logged in members. This capability, however, is redundant with membership.

Hope this helps!

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.