Membership Plugin recurring billing problem

Hi, I think I made a mistake when I set up the payment for my membership. I wanted to setup recurring monthly billing but I used paypal solo. When it came time to pay the make the second payment it did not charge the member. Is this because I used Solo instead of Express?

What is the best way to get the members on the monthly billing? Can I just move them to Paypal express?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Hyper50,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

That would indeed be the reason, as they'd need to be on express for recurring "serial" payments.

Unfortunately they can't be moved, as they haven't set up the automatic recurring billing agreement in PayPal, so they'd still need to go through the sign up process to do that I'm afraid.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Hyper50
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi thanks for the quick response. I was doing some research and found a wpmudev thread stating that paypal can't do recurring payments unless the purchaser has a paypal account. Is this the case? It also said that in order to do recurring payments on a credit card we would have to upgrade our paypal account to a paid version and that the Memberahip plugin won't integrate with that paypal method. Is this true?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Hyper50,

Hope you're well today, that would be correct if using PayPal express, PayPal express requires the user to have a PayPal account :slight_smile:

PayPal standard which is in the latest version of the membership beta handles credit cards payment and we also have a PayPal payflow beta gateway, that I'll be sending to the developer.

Payflow requires you to upgrade your PayPal account to a paid £20 per month account, but it'd be best to use PayPal standard which wouldn't require a account upgrade.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.