Membership Plugin settings sidebar no longer visible

My membership plugin is installed and activated, but for some reason on the backend, I can no longer see the Membership settings area.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there,

Sounds like you are not logged in as a Membership Admin. This is different than a Site Admin and you need to go to the Membership settings to set this up. Is there any way you can get in via SuperAdmin? If not, you can rename the membership plugin in your FTP, which should break the plugin, temporarily disabling it. Then you can log in, rename the plugin back to its original and add your Membership Admin account. Sound ok?

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Paul

Want to change Q&A background color? Ask Patrick!

• Brad White
    • Flash Drive

I still can’t get it to work. I think what happened was after it was all working fine, I needed to rename my wordpress admin username. I changed the email id so I could set up a new admin, then deleted the old admin, then renamed the email id back to the original admin email address.

I’ve been able to login as a admin on the wordpress site, do what you suggest, but still am blocked from the membership settings. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and still no good. I’ve gone into phpmyadmin and dropped all of the m_ tables that look like they are related to the plugin and reinstalled the plugin and still no good.

Looks like I need a backdoor to reset the membership plugin admin.

Brad

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Brad White,

Sorry, that you’ve ended in a tight spot.

You can make yourself a membership admin by going to the prefix_usermeta table in you DB, and finding the prefix_capabilities field.

Add the following to the content of the field s:15:"membershipadmin";s:1:"1"; inside the parentheses.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers

Mort3n

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.