Membership plugin & site architecture

I currently am setting up 2 sites. Site 1 is for my coaches (sales people) to use to access forms, training, etc... Site 2 if for the customers who access a set of pages which is a schedule of things they do.

Currently i have 2 wordpress installations setup under 2 different domains. Now that I am going to use the Membership plugin would it make more sense to migrate and use 1 site for everything and control access through membership? right now my coaches will all have their own accounts and I was going to use a single generic account for the users. In the future this may change but after thinking I thought it might not be the best idea to manage 2 sets of members.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi cdemz,

I agree with Jims reply above :slight_smile:

Just want to add that it makes a lot of sense to have different user accounts for each user, coach as well as customers. This would allow you to leverage all of the community plugins here at WPMU DEV

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/tag/community/

This could lead to more customer time on your site as well as a better customer experience both potentially increasing sales :wink:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello cdemz,

I agree with mort3n and jim_meyer

It does make more sense to use one multisite installation to manage everything. Using a single account for all clients is not the best approach... every member should have their own account in my opinion. This way it's more "personal" and invites client engagement.
    I would more easily login to a site using my own credentials than usin a user like "client" with a password like "my_client_password". It just doesn't feel right!

Cheers,
    Aristeides.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.