Membership Plugin - Subblog users still have access to restrict all buddypress groups

I've setup the membership plugin to use on subblogs and testing a membership setup.

I see that the user still has access to allow or restrict Buddypress groups that the member does not
have access to.

The user can also restrict other buddypress features such as messages and pages.

Is it possible to use the membership plugin on individual subblogs like this?

• Mason

Hiya Georgef,

Interesting scenario - and not one I had really thought about before (great work, btw :smiley:)

So you'd like to offer sub-site admins on a Buddypress install the ability to create their own membership rules for their site, but not affect the BuddyPress abilities?

Do you have the plugin installed in the 'plugins' folder? How is it activated? network activated or per-site activation?

Definitely something we can look into. Thanks for your continued feedback!

• georgef

Thanks @masonjames

yes, in /plugins and single site activated.

So on the subblog, the normal user account still has access to restricting Buddypress groups, even ones that are already restricted.

Yes, I thought this was possible, to have a standard membership site on a subblog.

Now looking at it though it could have other problems, like the user already being logged in, then creating an account through the membership plugin.

Wouldnt they then have a double account?

maybe this is complicating things, I might leave it for now if it's too much of a hassle to work around, or isnt it?