Membership Plugin: Subscription packages

I have downladed and successfully installed the Membership plugin to my Wordpress site.

I want to create the Subscription packages and intend to use 2Checkout.com as the payment gateway.

1) Do I need to create the Subscription packages ONLY in the Membership Plugin or will I need to duplicate these as "products" on the 2Checkout.com back-end as well?

2) Is there any way I can sell one-time access to a particular piece of content? In other words a person who is NOT a subscriber finds a single piece of content they want to view - and are prepared to pay once-off to view / have access to it. If this is possible, how would I set it up?

3) If I wanted to offer an online (live) webinar using Gotomeeting.com for example, is there a way to sell seats to this online event using your Membership plugin? If so how?

Thanks a ton!

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums. Welcome to the club !

1) Do I need to create the Subscription packages ONLY in the Membership Plugin or will I need to duplicate these as "products" on the 2Checkout.com back-end as well?

Just the membership plugin. You will need to configure the gateway, create subscriptions in membership plugin.

2) Is there any way I can sell one-time access to a particular piece of content? In other words a person who is NOT a subscriber finds a single piece of content they want to view - and are prepared to pay once-off to view / have access to it. If this is possible, how would I set it up?

Unfortunately not with Membership plugin. There are not one off passes. That is possible with https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view/ though.

3) If I wanted to offer an online (live) webinar using Gotomeeting.com for example, is there a way to sell seats to this online event using your Membership plugin? If so how?

You can use Events Plus plugin for that webinar. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

There is however no integration of the same. You can sell tickets using Events plus and then just email the link to the webinar to those who purchased the ticekts. Simple.

Events plus also has a membership addon where the members of your site can be given a discount on the event tickets.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same and I will be around.

Cheers, PC

• DieterW

Thanks for the rapid reply!

Here's where I am still confused.

Must I use the Pay-Per-View plugin together with the Membership Plugin or will the Pay-Per-View plugin handle simple memberships as well?

On the pricing, for both Plugin's - are these once-off costs or monthly recurring payments? If I cancel my subscription will the plugin(s) stop functioning?

Can I install these plugins on more than 1 website which I own? What are the restrictions?

Thanks a ton!

• PC

Hiya,

Must I use the Pay-Per-View plugin together with the Membership Plugin or will the Pay-Per-View plugin handle simple memberships as well?

It can handle simple memberships like, daily pass, recurring membership and pay per view.

On the pricing, for both Plugin's - are these once-off costs or monthly recurring payments? If I cancel my subscription will the plugin(s) stop functioning?

No, they do not stop functioning. The subscription is only required for plugin updates and support :slight_smile:

Can I install these plugins on more than 1 website which I own? What are the restrictions?

Yes, on any number of websites as you want !

Is the Pay-Per-View plugin only compatible with PayPal as a payment gateway or can I also use other payments gateways such as 2Checkout.com?

Unfortunately that is only compatible with PayPal at the moment.

Both the plugins do not integrate with each other at the moment. So you can either use Pay Per view, or Membership plugin. If you want to use both of them at the same time, you will need to create 2 copies of each post, then you can protect one via membership plugin and one via pay per view but that is not something ideal to do.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.