Membership Plugin - thumbnail not showing, page from login

I'm officially 0 for 3 on the Membership plugin. This time a very simple setup. Restrict 1 page and toggle a few menu items. I'm also using the Events Manager plugin from Marcus Sykes. I am only restricting the Events page.
The membership level (VIP) has absolutely no restrictions, except for toggling a few menu items. When the member logs in and goes to the Events page, he does get access but for some reason the thumbnails in the "event" list for the the events don't show. If the admin logs in or the membership plugin is turned off, the thumbnails appear as they should.
What is causing this?
Also, when a member logs in they are dumped into a seemingly random page, in this case the Accounts page for my ecommerce store. Why doesn't it automatically send then to the Home page? (yes, I can use the redirect plugin, but this shouldn't happen in the first place).
I can give you quick access if needed.
Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings TerryG,

Thank you for this great questions and bringing these significant issues to our attention.

I will work through them one at a time with you and hopefully get these resolved for us.

The first issue concerning the thumbnails, since I do not really know for sure, but I would take an educated guess that these images were present before Membership was activated?

That they have not been added since the plugin was activated and when added via the media library there protection was marked as "none"?

There is indeed a pending update to the plugin that does away with the images all disappearing when the plugin is activated though it has yet to be released to the general public pending support team feedback.

Any chance you want to give it a pre-public shot?

If not we can go the conventional route of re-uploading the images while the plugin is activated and choosing none for protection.

Now this will not affect the second issue about redirection that you mentioned that i am aware of, but this should take care of the images issue and I intend to work through these unconnected issues with you one at a time.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• TerryG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry, I'm only getting about every-other email notice from here. I thought you were ignoring me :slight_smile:.

Any chance you want to give it a pre-public shot?

Sure.

If not we can go the conventional route of re-uploading the images while the plugin is activated and choosing none for protection.

I tried that as well. Still not displaying the thumbnail in either the Events page or the event itself.

I might relook at your Events plugin too. I'm remembering that it didn't quite have the format and look I need. And I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the attendance buttons (which I don't need).

Send that Beta on over and I'll see if it works better.

• TerryG

New problem now.
    First off, I noticed the beta version I downloaded had the same version # 3.0.2 as the current production version. Is that correct?
    I unloaded that version and re-installed the current 3.0.2 version of Membership.
    With either version loaded a "visitor" can't see any images in any recently created page or post. I have set the Visitor access level with absolutely NO restrictions, blank, zip, nada. As long as the membership plugin is active, no pictures from posts or pages that were recently loaded. I can see an image from a really old post however. I don't have any download groups defined. The only choice is "none" in the image library dropdown.

Can we please get this fixed or straightened out? Otherwise I deem this plugin as "not working" and will have to look elsewhere for a membership plugin that doesn't break my sites.

Thanks.

• TerryG

Stumbled across the latest release for Membership (3.1.2) and installed that one. Things seem to be working much better, and I can see images now! And I love the new admin bar menu where you can view as any access level!

I haven't tried setting any restriction yet but at least just enabling membership works for now. I'll let you know if my other issues are resolved soon.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya TerryG,

And I love the new admin bar menu where you can view as any access level!

Yeah, that's my new favorite addition as well :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes for ya. We've got quite a few bugfixes in the latest version and quite a bit more still on the roadmap.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.