Membership Plugin with Protected Pages on a Sub Domain

Hi,

Can I use the Membership plugin to protect all of a sub domain, but sell the memberships on the primary domain?

So the marketing would be on mysite.com but protected membership content would be on members.mysite.com

Also, do I still need to install the shopping cart to sell the memberships, or is the Membership plugin + 2Checkout going to do it all?

Thanks,
Matt

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Matt (@imelements)

I hope you are well today.

I'm afraid currently that can't be done, membership works on a site by site basis in a multisite install and a site by site basis on a single site install. On a multisite it can be changed to be global across all sites, but this still wouldn't achieve what you want I'm afraid.

It may be possible to custom code this, But it would require quite a bit of custom coding, as if your not sharing a database with the sub domain, you'll need to get the user ID and pass etc on login, Ideally you'd need to add all that info to the sub domain database, then it's got to get the membership details, what they can and can't have access to which will be different, as the access would be set up on the main site, if that makes sense? You may want to post a job on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ But please be aware that I don't personally think this will work in the expected way to be honest.

I am pleased to say, you don't need to install a shopping cart, 2Checkout and Membership will handle all that :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.