Membership Premium and SIGN UPS

Could someone please explain to me how membership premium integrates with affilates when it comes particular to "sign ups" or registrations.

If Member A joins a monthly paid sub via membership, and he becomes an affilate, how does he "send invites" or refer people say from his BP profile page to join up? What "tag" is attached to a link, or email invite, that tracks HIM as the referrer? eg, register.php?referredID=memberA

Would it be possible to use something based on the coupon system, where if i wanted a member to be able to invite 10 members, and earn monthly commissio, i could automatically issue him with 10 "invite codes or coupons"...

In my case affilate system will never be used for link commission BUT only for membership signups (membership plugin) and sales via MarketPress?

• Tom Eagles

@greg_mcewan_marriott

the commision is only paid on sales, not clicks,

The exact link structure is yourdomainname?username-blogid

In the case of recurring subscriptions as far as i know the commission is paid on the first payment only.

As for the coupons that would have to be done manually and then email them to the affiliate. He would i guess get the commission on the net sale after discount although i am not 1000% certain on that.

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey Greg,

Tom has provided many details here, let me fill in. (Tom, you are on fire today man, I see you everywhere today).

If Member A joins a monthly paid sub via membership, and he becomes an affilate, how does he "send invites" or refer people say from his BP profile page to join up?

You can find the link in the Affiliate plugin settings ( wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings#view ), The link will look something like yourwebsite.com?ref=admin-63

The link can be anything as long as you have the ref=admin-63 attached to it. Like yourwebsite.com/register?ref=admin-63. The user can find it in the Affiliate settings, which is under Users > Affiliate Referrals > Edit. See the screenshot attached.

Would it be possible to use something based on the coupon system, where if i wanted a member to be able to invite 10 members, and earn monthly commissio, i could automatically issue him with 10 "invite codes or coupons"...

Since Membership now supports coupon codes, this should be possible, but not automated. You can issue a coupon to a user (with max no of uses as 10) and then he can use that to refer people.

In my case affilate system will never be used for link commission BUT only for membership signups (membership plugin) and sales via MarketPress?

Bit unclear on what you meant here, but if only the Membership and MarketPress modules are enabled in the affiliate plugin there is no other use case that can come up :slight_smile:

I hope this explains it further.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.